Share Your Celeb Trivia

lil_axl_gurl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W. Axl Rose - Lead singer for Guns N Roses

He was born in Lafayette Indiana on February 6, 1962. His parents are Sharon and William Rose. His stepfather Stephen Bailey abused him physically and sexually. For the longest time he didn't know that is real dad was William Rose. He found out this important information when he was 17 and became a rebellious teenager. He made exceptional grades in school but didn't care for what was being taught so he dropped out and taught himself in the library. He was arrested four times as a juvenile and spent a total of ten days in jail as an adult for crimes such as battery, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, public intoxication, criminal trespass, and mischief. When he was 14 he met guitarist Jeffrey Isabel otherwise known as Izzy Stradlin.
When Axl found out the court was going to charge him as a habitual criminal which could mean life in prison he departed on a greyhound for LA to catch up with Izzy to try and make it to the big time and be a rock star. When he was 20 in 1982 he dated Gina Siler in Lafayette, after she graduated high school Axl left Lafayette for good. The 2 were engaged many times but never married. They lived together for a time but the relationship eventually ended. When Gina moved out Izzy moved in and the pair created a band called "Rose." After sometime that band turned into "Hollywood Rose."
Soon Axl moved on to another local band, "L.A. Guns" but with nothing much going on, and on new years eve 1984 he went back to Hollywood Rose.
With bandmembers leaving and joining, Hollywood Rose became Guns N Roses on June 6, 1985.
During 1991 GN'R played a show in St. Louis. That night the leader of a biker gang had been taunting Axl throughout the show. He called Axl over to him and handed him a card that had is "biker" name on it, the name "stump." Axl asked what the point of this was and the biker simply said, "Just remember it." During the song "Rocket Queen" the biker had snapped a photo of Axl. Axl asked security to take the man's camera 3 times but security refused to do so. Finally Axl had taken matters into his own hands and dove into the crowd to take it. He did not hurt the biker he just simply took his camera, but he did punch a security gaurd for they were beating on him. The band then left the stage and a riot ensued. The blame was put on Axl. And this is only one example of all the trouble Axl went through one being the band breaking up.
Today Axl is still trying to make it, he is with a new band that is still called Guns N Roses just different people. He is working on a new album that will hopefully be out this christmas.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Flightiness & intelligence are completely separate entities (yes, even when it's as extreme as Jessica's or my friend mentioned above).
This is true. My IQ is about 140, and I can't tell you the number of blond moments I have had. They happen less often as I get older (I'm 34), so I think maybe they are a result of naivete, a lack of experience. Like, for instance, if you had a freaky weird father :cough: Joe Simpson :cough: who completely managed your life. Still, 160 seems a bit high.

Anyway, I can't think of any cool celeb trivia. I will keep thinking on it, though.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I still don't buy the Jessica thing!! I have seen her in her Nick and Jessica reality show and there is no way she ranks up there with Stephen Hawking

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
re: the IQ thing: my father in-law is so proud to be in Mensa, but I swear the man does not have coming in out of the rain sense! This house which we bought from the in-laws had/has many problems which I am recitfying bit by bit. I am fond of saying that he was too busy saving the world to be bothered with fixing a broken windowpane

The only celebrity trivia I can think of offhand is that Johnny Depp has a clown phobia, and that he based his character of Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean on Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones and, of all things, Pepe le Pew!