Shampoo, Conditioner, etc?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wen is a cleansing conditioner....no shampoo at all. Shampoo strips the natural oils from the hair and it also strips the color. There are women (and men now, too) who have been using Wen for years and their hair is beautiful. I'm desperate enough to try it, even though it is a little on the expensive side.

I hear you about the grey stripe, although for me it's a white stripe.

I've also heard of CatMom2Wires' idea of using baking soda.

There seems to be an anti-shampoo thing going on; I've read about people who have gone for years without any kind of shampoo at all and they swear their hair is healthier.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sally Beauty supply makes an identical product to Wen: HairOne. Costs less than half the price of Wen.

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

I've also heard of CatMom2Wires' idea of using baking soda.

There seems to be an anti-shampoo thing going on; I've read about people who have gone for years without any kind of shampoo at all and they swear their hair is healthier.
I did try no shampoo a few years ago and couldn't get past the greasy phase, but at the time I also did not know about the powers of baking soda and acv, lol. I swear by doing an acv (apple cider vinegar) rinse on my hair once a week or so, it cleans my head and scalp so much better than shampoo does. I'm going to try giving up the poo again in a few weeks.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a new fan of Renpure Organics. http://www.renpure.com/index.html I use the "I love my hair" shampoo and only condition once or twice a week - depending on the weather. Otherwise, if it rains, I know it will be frizzy.
My hair comes out better than it has in years. Since I'm 52, thats saying a lot.

It's $6.99 a bottle and I use just a dab. It is not tested on animals and made in the USA.