Shampoo and Conditioner!?!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

.As for the psoriasis I asked my mom about it and Ive had it since I born and she used to use a shampoo from the Dr but then stopped because Head and Shoulders worked great. I always have spots behind my ears and at the edges of my hair line at my neck that are the DANGER zones where I know its starting to act up.
Treatments have changed a little since you were a child. It might be a good idea to see what options you have now and find what works best for you instead of relying on your mother to pick stuff out for you - it's not her scalp so she can't know what will feel best.
There are also other risks associated with psoriasis besides skin issues that you should discuss with a doctor and be aware of.

As I and a few others have suggested, try as natural as possible to wash your hair with. Replacing one bottle of chemicals with another may not help you at all.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

I have to wash my hair everyday. If I straighten it and try to not wash it it looks greasy to me. And if I put gel and hairspray in it I have to wash that out then too....Its a pain the you know what! And it drives me nuts. I tried the Garnier deep conditioning mask and that didnt do anything but make my hair smell good
Actually if you just rinse with water, the gel and hairspray will get rinsed out. You don't need shampoo to get those products out of your hair. For me when I straighten it, I wash it after 2 days and when I let it air dry and scrunch it with gel I wash it every 3 days so like twice a week. Some people do like once a week but for me that's too gross.
I'm going to suggest the chi silk infusion, it is very good it's kind of like a leave in conditioner. But like everyone else said, there may not be a lot you can do at this stage except for stop dying your hair and putting heat in it every single day. When you straighten it, always use a heat protectant spray and and avoid blowdrying if you wear it wavy. The only other thing is wait for it to grow out. Get a haircut to get out as much of the dry damaged hair as possible and cut the ends every 2 months that way soon your damaged hair will be gone!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not try T-Gel shampoo and conditioner? It's for problem scalps. I use it a few times per week.

My hair and scalp are excessively oily and I have to wash it every day which is why I keep my hair short. I don't bother with conditioner. In fact if I go 2 days without washing my hair (and I sometimes do on my days off), it looks like I poured oil over my head. In cases like that I have actually been known to use dish detergent like Sunlight to wash my hair.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The things that helped moisturize/soften my hair have been VO5 hot oil treatment and this orange hair treatment stuff. I don't know what it's called, I get it from the drugstore. It comes in a single-use pouch, it's orange stuff which you leave in for a few minutes and it moisturizes your hair. I think it is made by Freeman, they are usually in a separate display at the end of the hair care aisle, the company also makes facial masks in the same type of pouches.