Shaking back legs

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea why, but Mirah will shake her back legs. Well, she kinda bounces her hing legs while she's standing. I don't know why. I am just wondering if it's a bad sign, or something to worry about. Just wondering!

Thanks!
Cassie

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats will shake their legs if there's something stuck on their feet (e.g. cat litter). If you cat is doing this frequently, maybe you need to have your cat checked by a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She doesn't have anything stuck to her. And she isn't vigorously shaking it, like trying to get something off, she sorta bounces. She mainly does it when she plays, but occasionally does it when she isn't. My mom and I were thinking it was just a habit she has, but I just wanna make sure.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

Hmmmmm.....haven't a clue. Can you post a video?
Wish I could, but I haven't a clue how to. She's slightly bouncing... only her hind legs. It's a bounce that'll last til she does something, like run or jump. But she does it a lot. Mainly when she's playing, but also when she doesn't. I've never seen a cat or kitten do this before... it's weird. I'm not really worried about it, but I just wanna know if it's something I should be worried about.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be that she's setting herself up to pounce on something. I know that my cat wiggles her hindquarters before she's going to attack a toy (or me!). If you're concerned though, I would call the vet and describe the symptoms. They may be able to give you some advice.

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it one leg then the other, or both at the same time. If it is one leg then the other - sounds like she is getting ready to pounce.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, it's both legs at the same time, and it isn't a getting ready for a pounce pose. She'll be running around, stop, do her little bounce thing, lay down, beg for petting and gets plenty of it. It's just really weird. My mom said she read something about it when she was researching Annie's condition, but she can't remember what it was.