Shadow crossed the rainbow bridge

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nothing can prepare you to say goodbye to your pet. My sweet black beauty, Shadow crossed the rainbow bridge today and I am absolutely heartbroken. Next week she would have been 18 years old. I like to think I have her the best life possible. I love you baby girl.
IMG_0598_Original.jpeg
IMG_3368.jpeg
IMG_3200.jpeg
IMG_3204.jpeg

catdad61

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My deepest condolences on your loss. Such a gorgeous kitty. We all understand the heartache associated with the loss of one of our pet family. TCS members, I have realized in my short time here, all share in your grief and heartache and are here to offer whatever support they can. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss of Shadow. ❤

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Shadow, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a lovely, long life she had with you, although where there is love, an eternity is not long enough. But her age is a testament that she lived, breathed and had her being wrapped in your love. And I know, that as she took her first step through the Gate between This Adventure and her Next Great Adventure, your love walked beside her to guide her way. Now, from her home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she sends her own love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful little panther! Of course, you love and miss her, you always will. i agree you can never prepare your heart for the loss, no matter what the circumstances. Almost 18 is a wonderful tribute to your care, I'm sure all those happy years will be seared into your mind for the rest of your life. One day all this grief will turn into gratitude for her sharing your life's journey. But it takes a long time to heal your broken heart and to make a new life order for yourself without her in it. Her leaving leaves a huge hole in your life, one that will gradually fill in with any more love you find to fill it, that love will reside right next to hers and help it to grow even bigger.
The bond of love you share with her is a strong one after that many years. It is spiritual, so eternal. She will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. She will continue to send her love to you, as you will her.
time is the only thing that helps with matters of the heart. time will dull the sharp edges of grief, it will allow you to seek life's beauty once more. But it takes a long time.....
My heart breaks for what you are going through. But having our loved ones in our lives is what makes life worth living. To never have met her at all would have spared you this pain, but look what she gave you! she freely gave you one of this world's greatest treasures, a cat's love........RIP precious Shadow. you will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for the kind words. I sit here reading them with tears streaming down my face. It’s been a rough few days, but as I took on the task of cleaning her room today, I was brought comfort in knowing I made the right decision