Sexual Aggression between N-Male Cat and S-Female Cat

karion33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all, I, like many, am also experiencing some troubles with a sexually aggressive, male-neutered cat.

Jude is a year and 2 months old and he frequently tries mounting my other spayed, female cat, Norah, who is about 2.5 years old.

I adopted them at different times from different shelters. I've ruled out any other aggression through watching them and researching online.

They get along just fine except for when he randomly attacks her from behind and tries biting her neck.

I've bought two feliway plugins for multicat aggression and have had them for about 2 months and haven't seen significant improvement. Mind you, they also have different personalities. 

Norah is very chill and quiet, and Jude requires much more play time. Even when we play for about 30min to an hour a day, he still is bound with so much energy.

I have tried tiring him out in hopes he'll relax on Norah, but it doesn't always work. It really depends on the day too, how often he tries mounting her. 

I've read about the boar mate spray but haven't seen much about the results of it?

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

I'd rather not require Jude to take any hormone prescription from the vet if possible.

Thanks in advance, friends!

magister

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm… The first thing I'd be trying would be a vet visit, just to be certain no testicular tissue has been missed; if still there's some testosterone running around in there, little boy might be getting a bit interested in things he shouldn't. :D

When was he neutered? If he was done after some adult behaviour started to manifest, he may never stop the behaviour completely.

Good luck.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It could be a dominance behavior too, perhaps.

Some late neutered know how to mount, but usually they mount just females in heat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karion33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Magister, I never considered remaining tissue. He does have quite the little bulge from being neutered. He was neutered at just shy of 4 mos age.

StefanZ, I've considered it as a dominance issue as well. Norah however, is spayed. Do they still experience being in heat afterwards? I didn't think so.

I've been considering trying out the boar spray.