Sex of new stray?

RHawkins

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, the past couple of weeks we've had a new stray come around. Hes super sweet and seems young. Hes come in the house and wants to be a lap cat. We think he (?) belonged to someone at some point. Were happy to take him in after losing one of our 2 weeks ago. We just are having a hard time figuring out if this new baby is a female, or a neutered male. We named hom/her Cheddar, so it will stay either way. Were just curious to see if anyone has any idea about the sex. Sorry for the dirty butt! It's been cleaned lol.

Attachments

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I believe that to be a neutered male. He's so floofy it's hard to tell. 😂

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I was thinking neutered as well. The fact that he is orange makes it likely that he is male.....up to 80%. Having said that, I did have an orange female years ago. Thank you for helping Cheddar. He may be an abandoned pet; the fact that he is possibly neutered does not mean that he had a good home or did not lose his home somehow.

I should add that orange boy cats are my favorites.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RHawkins

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all! Hes the sweetest boy, a total love. I noticed last night that he's front declawed as well. His toes are very sensitive to the touch, and he doesn't like to cover up in the litter box because it seems to bother his feet. He has a vet visit on Monday to make sure he's healthy. Wherever he came from, he landed in the right spspot. My fiance and I lost one of our fur babies 2 weeks ago to the day that he showed up. He will be very well taken care of! ❤