Sex of my kittens

3kittys

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When will I be able to tell the sex of my new kittens? And what do I look for? I have been told that one looks like a question mark and the other looks like an exclamation mark. I want to name these three babies and don't know what to call them. Any ideas?

Cathy

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guessed the sex of my kittens right when they were one week old. The boys have a dot that are further away from the anus, and the girl have a dot that is closer to the anus. Also the girls dot normally looks more like alittle slit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3kittys

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you Princesspur, I have two boys and one girl....now to come up with names.....hummm

Cathy

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
hee hee I would wait and let them grow and give them neutral names for now...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3kittys

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, Im sure that whom ever gets one from me will name them what they want to anyways.

Cathy

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have mine kinda netural names. Nimbus, stormy, and blizzard. I would LOVE to see more pics of your kittens!! If i'm remember right your one kitten looks just like my little stormy.

here is a link to there two week old pictures
two weeks old

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are soo cute! I love baby kittens. I have 2 10 week old kittens that Ive had for about 2 and a half weeks now and they are the sweetest. We are still thinking about names. It takes me so long to name them, I want to make sure I get it right, but usually I go with whatever hits me in the beginning. I liked Baxter and Binks for them but my daughter doesnt like it, so I'm still thinking. Your kittens are beautiful by the way!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awwww you got colorful kittens!!! they are sooo cute!!!!!! Your one does look like my stormy

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew the sex of Mimis kittens the day they were born! I was right, 2 boys and 2 girls. I also knew the sex of my friends kittens, 1 boy and 5 girls! I am very good at that! You can't really tell by size, but if there is 2-4 kittens, the males are usually bigger. 3 of Mimis kittens were the same size until they were 8 weeks old. Zues is the biggest, his dad is HUGE!

salemsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I named my little furr babies when they were coming out of Vagabond... in order... I was just lucky that the female names were female.

If you don't mind I would nominate one of them to be named Nomad.

Just a thought.

~ Salem

G

ghostuser

almost all calicoes and toties are female...
ginger tabby's are usually male
male torties or calicoes are usually sterile