Several big problems...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysbrangwin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Caught Scruffy today. (She went into the large Tupperware storebin home. Mom held something over the door to keep her in. Turned it around, and let her out of the home into the trap since she wouldn't get anywhere near the thing on her own after it prematurely came down on her back last time she went in it.) So went over to Maryanne's with her.

Apparently the kitten had worms (how does a at the time unweened kitten get worms?). Outside of the normal handwashing after everytime in contact with the remaining 2 ferals, what else, if anything needs to be done to prevent this from spreading to our 2 indoors cats? But, he's still doing well. She said all the other cats she took in have been placed in foster homes.

Now once we get the humane trap back off of her on Wednesday (a foster home should be picking Scruffy up tomorrow), it's on to the step of catching and neutering, vaccinating, etc. the remaining two. (Lil Grey Kitty and his brother Runt.)

If using a harness and leash is so bad, what other ways can you recommend to keep them in the yard? Our allergies are just WAY too bad to let any others besides our current 2 to stay in the house. (In cause you think I'm making excuses, I'm not. My doctor said that my attack 10 days ago was bad enough where my life was actually in jeopardy, and I'm currently taking strong emergency use only steroid meds right now.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysbrangwin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, apparently there was a mistake. There's a super-friendly grey and white male cat who only comes when it's dark out, so we couldn't get a good look at it. Mom assumed it was Runt because we thought there was only 2 grey and white kitties, but I could have sworn Runt was female, and alot smaller. (I hadn't seen too much of Runt since Scruffy and her kittens had taken over the backporch. When I did see Runt, it was pitch black out in the wee early morning hours.) The kitty wanted lots of petting and would even sit on my lap, so I just figured I was mistaken, and that Runt just grew bigger since I'd seen him/her last.

Today (when it was still light out), a small grey and white FEMALE kitty who was the correct size for Runt showed up. She growled as she ate (Runt would always do this), and allowed petting. After getting a good long look at it's face I could tell for sure this was indeed the real Runt.

So, that means the male grey and white kitty isn't "one of mine" (As in: one I raised from kittenhood.) Because he's that friendly to humans and I haven't noticed him until recently, does that mean he's another one of the several cats that neighbors leave out overnight while unfixed? Because Runt is a female, does that mean she needs to go to Maryanne's as well, and we'd just keep Lil Grey Kitty, who'd now be all alone?