Service Dog not allowed in Walmart

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I was that woman I wouldnt have hurried along with my shopping. I would have taken my time. There's absoulutely nothing they could have done legally to make that dog leave the store. She had every right to be there. I'm happy that their begining to use pits as service dogs. It will help people get over the misconception that they are dangerous agressive dogs. Simply not true.

foxfire

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I may have to put on a flame suit for saying this, but I definitely have my own feelings about pit bulls, ever since I was charged by the next door neighbor's. I was taking something out to my car and Chopper came charging from in front of neighbor's house, yelling bloody murder at me. Now if that's not a scary sight I don't know what is! According to his owner, he was such a coward that had I yelled at him, he'd have turned tail and run off. Personally, I wasn't about to take such a chance. The crazy thing is, a few days before, I'd been petting and loving on him. He'd also run up into my yard and wake me up with his barking in the wee hours.

But I think it was awful for WalMart to run off a service dog. They no doubt have to undergo some intensive training. And I suspect that Sam Walton must be just rolling in his grave about it!!

JMHO, but if I wanted a service dog, and knowing their reputation, I'd probably try to find a breed with less negativity associated with them. That owner may have other troubles in the future, even if hers is as good-natured as I'm sure hers is.