serious Question! help

novusordo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just caught my older cat trying to rape my little kitty
I heard him yealling or meowing like in pain but I thought they were fighting like they ussualy play around
But I went to check it out and Darwin. Was behind and of top if midnight
I pulled him off and took my baby
He was wet and smelled horrid!

What just happend?
This is the first time and I want it to be the last!

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ages? Sex? Are they neutered/spayed?

My older cat, who is male, was molested as a kitten by an older not neutered male that we took in for a few weeks. The Tom was a stray that left our home shortly after Sweetie showed up.

Also my neutered male tried to mate with his sister when they were young.  We caught him making all the motions, grabbing her by the scruff, mounting her.  He did that for about a month and then it stopped.  I did not understand why because they were both fixed very young, about 9 weeks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

novusordo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Older cat is about 6 months male
Kitty is almost two months male
I don't get it cause they are best friends
Even after it happens Kitty still wants to be around Darwin
And no we plan on getting then fixed asap.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Older cat is about 6 months male
Kitty is almost two months male
I don't get it cause they are best friends
Even after it happens Kitty still wants to be around Darwin
And no we plan on getting then fixed asap.
Oh poor Kitty. It wasn't personal. It sounds like Darwin's hormones are starting to rage and Kitty was just the unlucky recipient of his "growth spurt". Really the best thing for all involved is to have them both neutered but definitely Darwin first. There's no female around and he's frustrated and has not other outlet for his feelings. If they both remain intact the situation might get worse. If you have a local Humane Society, you can contact them about low/no cost neutering. Some give vouchers for that. Good luck. Once they both are fixed and the hormones have quieted, they should get back to being best buds again.

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Neutering them will probably stop the problem along with other problems that will develop as they get older. They say the longer a male is un-neutered the harder to break his habits.Might  just be a male showing his dominance over baby. After my girl swatted her brother a few times he stopped his bad behavior.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
As everyone is saying.. he really needs to be neutered ASAP.  Make sure you keep him indoors till then. And as KittyMomma said, it's harder to break tomcat patterns if you leave it... you really don't want a spraying tom in your house!

I usually get my cats neutered at 5 months at the latest - many vets say 6 months, but some cats develop a lot more quickly than others.

Let us know how you go.