Serious Problem

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, they are so cute! That box is perfect! So clever of you! And intuitive, really.

I'm glad the kenneling is working, it sounds like they are still getting plenty of time to run and play. You may not ever need the bigger pen, if things keep going as they are, it sounds like soon they will understand about the litter box, and that they will be big enough to get to one when they need it.

I feed both canned and dry kibble to my cats, but I don't free feed at all, I feed scheduled feedings. Food preferences and feeding methods vary greatly between cat people so you will probably get plenty of opnions.

Generally it's best to feed the highest quality you can afford, look for foods with meat and meat meal (such as chicken, chicken meal) as the first two ingredients, no wheat or wheat gluten, no by products. There are less choices for kittens than adult cats. some of the "premium" brands have "all life stages" foods, but most vets say kitten food for a full year, or until they reach 8 pounds.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

They are adorable! I'm so glad to hear they are doing better with the litter box.

Even if you trim their claws, cats love to scratch. Be sure to get them something to scratch on. My older kitty just loves those cardboard scratchers. My little one prefers to scratch upright, so she has a sisal covered scratching post.
Yes, definitely look into getting (or building) a nice cat tree for them, something they can jump and climb on and scratch to their heart's content!

Cats do need their own furniture, along with plenty of box forts!.