September 11th - where were you?

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was at school and I had no idea who the terrorists were at that age. My mom just told me that: "The bad guys took over the planes and weren't stoppable and killed thousands of people. They crashed into those two buildings you went to visit with dad last year, and they went on fire and burnt down."

I remember, my mom told me when we were at the grocerystore, and everyone shopping were crying, had been crying, or were a complete mess!

My friend's aunt was in one of the buildings and went down the stairs to get out. She fell, and no one even cared. They just kept stepping on her, and broke her ankle. Thank goodness one nice ladie helped her up, and she mad it out safe, and a lot more healthy than some others!

God bless everyone who died from the tragic event, everyone who was hurt by it, and anyone who just needs a hug.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Gaye, that is just so sad about your friend. I have to admit I had no idea that survivors had felt that way but I can in a way understand it. So sad.
I was at school, then went straight on to have a driving lesson (it was afternoon here). When my instructor dropped me off at my Step Dads workplace so he could take me home, everyone in his building was glued to the radio. To be honest I had no idea what to think, I had never really heard much about terrorism before.
We went home and I didn't think too much about it on the way home, apart from 'how sad if anybody dies'. When we got home, my Mum had the news on and then I realised just how massive this was. We sat in silence watching the news reports for most of the night.
I'll be thinking of those who lost their lives, and their families tomorrow.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at work via a auto dealership doing an inventory count. I got a call from one of my co-workers back at the office who said a plane crashed into Twin Towers-this woman is always a bit of a drama queen so I said I would have the guys in the showroom turn on the TV-sure enough!!So for the next 3 hrs (I was basically done with what I had to do) I sat with the guys at the dealership watching TV. I only had a 1/2 day of work that day-I remember calling DH and said should we take out some cash-just in case of what I don't know-I took out the maximum amt I could-I think I might have stopped at grocery store too. All afternoon I watched TV. Then there was the "gas" scare-I got gas for the SUV I waited in line for over an hour!! ( I did need gas) Lots of people were sayin gwe were going to run out of gas.

I just remember to didn't seem real-the news channels just kept showing the crash over and over.