Separation Anxiety?

luhhjane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you've read my post in Health about Opeo, you're probably wondering what I've done to this poor kitty.

On top of being the Poop King, Opeo also seems to have separation anxiety, or at least something similar. For example, everyday I go to work around the same time. Opeo knows this, and will always lie down and stretch his whole body out in front of the door, to block my way. Some of his other tactics are laying on my shoes to keep me from going out, walking in front of me and trying to trip me when I head for the door, and occasionally bringing toys to me as I'm tying my shoes (He knows I'm a pushover..)

As if I don't feel bad enough leaving him for 6 hours+ each day, as I'm walking up the stairs to my door, I hear "MEEEOW, MEEEOW, MRRRROOOWWWWWW...." from the house. And as soon as I walk in, there he is, rolling around and purring. Pathetic... :)

Does anyone else experience this? Any suggestions for easing his loneliness?

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the poor cat misses you, maybe having a second cat as company or can you bring a friend/ relative over while  you are at work so that the poor boy gets the attention he needs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luhhjane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have thought about adopting another cat. I'm just worried that they won't get along. Opeo is at that age where he isn't a kitten anymore, but he still acts like a little kid. I don't know if I would be better off adopting a cat younger than him or an adult cat, maybe 3 years+.

The funny thing is, on my days off, he's no where to be seen until I shake his little baggie of treats ;)

(And I should have mentioned earlier, I have one of those miniature pet food hoppers, that dispenses food while I'm gone. He isn't going hungry!)