Separated friends...

lizie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have posted a couple of times about my two kitties and my dilemma surrounding them (they were unwanted by my sister and she wanted to get rid of them so I said I wanted to be in charge of them). I had a boy and a girl, Stinky and Fiona. Well, my fiance and I just moved to a new apt. that is much smaller than our previous one. He told me we could for sure keep one cat but I did a little whine and cry and he said we cold take both (even though the apt. magagers told us only one was allowed.) However, once we'd moved everything in we realized the place was a little small for both kitties. Especially Stinky, b/c he is very rambunctious and likes to get on EVERYTHING. Fiona is much more subdued, just playful. We had both cats here for a day and it was just how I imagined, Stinky was everywhere, he did not have enough room to have fun. So, we made the decision to give him to a co-worker of my fiance who really wanted a cat. It was really sad for me to see him go. Fiona is doing better that I'd thought...she doesn't seem depressed. She did meow a lot outside our bedroom door last night. I feel awful for Stinky having to go to a brand new place with strangers, but I had no other choice (my fiance said we just couldn't have 2). Do you think Fiona is lonely or has not yet realized Stinky is gone? Are there any signs I should look for and how can I help her? All I can think about is poor Stinky but I am sure he is fine. I can always ask about him. It doesn't make me feel a lot better though! What do you think?

foxyfantastica

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah gosh, what a horrible decision you had to make. The good part is that Fiona is okay and not showing any signs of depression - as for the meowing outside your door, can she sleep on your bed for a little while? She might be a bit lonely and was looking for company - it may have hit her lat night that he wasn't coming back. You'll know if she's depressed.. they sort of mope around, don't talk as much, go off their food, get flecks of dandruff in their fur, the fur looks lank, their eyes less sparkly.. just keep talking to her and she'll be okay. And you did the best thing for Stinky.. you said that you didn't have enough room for the both of them and if he was going bonkers and there's not enough room to literally 'swing the cat' then its better for you and him that he has gone to a good home, with someone who really wanted to meet him and become his mommy, and where he has more room to run around. You made the best decision that you could at the time, and one of hte hardest, i don't envy you at all. I hope that Fiona stays her normal self and she's happy on her own.. keep the updates running about Stinky and soon you won't feel so bad. xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lizie9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well thank you so much! Yes, I think Fiona is just a little lonely right now, but I have been showering her with love and attention and she will be quite the spoiled little princess. I let her in the bedroom once, but she just wanted to play and I wanted to sleep! I heard that Stinky is adjusting good, climbing on everything just like he always did, so I am happy to hear that he seems happy. I still feel sad about it, but I KNOW it was the best decision.