Sent out 3 more applications today

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still looking. I missed out on that last job I interviewed for by a hair! The ended up choosing someone with much less experience who has a degree in nursing. Not really sure how a degree makes someone more qualified to do a job that I have way more experience in, but oh well.

Anyway, sent out 5 or 6 more applications this evening, and I sent myself an email to work so I can print off cover letters and fax some applications to the hospital I used to work at. I faxed some earlier this week, but the jobs just closed Monday and Wednesday of this week so I haven't heard anything about any of them just yet. The ones I'm sending tomorrow, will be taken down on Monday.

I also sent some to another hospital in the south end of the city where I am thinking of moving too when I find an apartment, so that it won't be so bad traveling to and from work.

I don't like nights, and am not looking for a term position, but I've even applied for those. Once I get my foot back into the door of a hospital, I can start applying for the internal postings and be more picky about positions. Right now I'm just looking to get out of where I am.

tomcat38134

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Amen! I have years upon years of management and business experience (and a lot of fields until i decided what i wanted). I can assure you, experience has always worked in hiring apps over a degree. I would say 1 out of 10 MAYBE were trainable with degrees but there is nothing like hands on experience. I have friend with her 2 year Nursing rather than 4, she is in remission from cancer and really needing a job where she is not on her feet as much. She is having the SAME problem! Thats infuriating.