Senior cat wet food suggestions?

chickpea616

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Hope you are all staying healthy and safe! I just brought a senior foster cat home yesterday - She currently has a URI, and she also has cancer, so it's basically a hospice situation. I was just looking for a quick food suggestion - she absolutely LOVES the Hartz Delectables Lickable treats, but I don't want to give more than 2 a day (per the instructions on the package) - so I was wondering, is there an actual wet food variety that is similar enough to those Delectables that she might like? So far I've tried Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers, but she mostly licks all the gravy off and leaves the chunks alone. thanks!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
How good of you to take care of this elder kitty during her last days. :heartshape:

I used to put Fancy Feast in the blender with some baby food to make it mostly liquid so it was easier to lap up. Gerber's and Beechnut both have baby food with no additives, just meat, broth, and maybe cornstarch for thickening but no added spices or anything like that.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Have you considered Fancy Feast pates? Or, Sheba Perfect Portions; Nutro has a very similar product - both also pates. Feeby does the same thing with any 'chunky' meats in gravy, but she gladly eats any of these pates. Tiki Cat Mousse is one that is even more of a puree than pates, and is not considered a 'treat'. Inaba Churu, Wholehearted, and Vitakraft also have pureed treats. They all could used as flavor enticers to 'regular' food. Baby food meats also work well with Feeby.

Lisannez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have a 14 year old Ragdoll that is just like this. She is not huge on food but if I open one of the delectables man she runs from two stories upstairs under a blanket to get it. She also tends to really lick the juice and gravy off of the wet food and leave the bigger chunks. Funny she will eat human tuna no problem, but we only give that a few times a year as a treat due to the mercury content. What she really likes is Monterey Medley™ | Moist Grain-Free Holistic Cat Food Can Recipes | Earthborn Holistic® Pet Food and luckily her sister will eat it too. They changed the formula a bit about a year ago and for lack of a better word it has more blobs in it and she loves that. It is expensive just FYI. We get it on Chewy. Another trick we use that seems to work is after she licks all the juice off of it we put a tiny bit of water on top of the chunks and mix it around and there's more juice :). She falls for it every single time so you could try that.