Senior cat health check - what to ask vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeh - I think most of the results are so marginally higher or lower than the reference ranges that there's nothing to worry about. The vet will be able to say whether looked at together (and with examining Jaffa) he thinks there's anything I should be concerned about.

I am going to ask him whether I should pay attention to his diet re kidney function at this stage, given the fact that his results were towards the upper end of normal. I don't want to wait until they are at the level where he is diagnosed with CRF before I take action if I can prevent them progressing that far. Does anyone know whether feeding a diet lower in phosphorous is harmful to a healthy cat?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

Yeh - I think most of the results are so marginally higher or lower than the reference ranges that there's nothing to worry about. The vet will be able to say whether looked at together (and with examining Jaffa) he thinks there's anything I should be concerned about.

I am going to ask him whether I should pay attention to his diet re kidney function at this stage, given the fact that his results were towards the upper end of normal. I don't want to wait until they are at the level where he is diagnosed with CRF before I take action if I can prevent them progressing that far. Does anyone know whether feeding a diet lower in phosphorous is harmful to a healthy cat?
Lowering phos technically shouldnt but by doing that you likely would be lowering the protein ( senior cats in dry 26-32 seems to be accepted).... If you are just looking at slight lowering check for foods under on % ... somewhere there is a list