Self-Scratching

suziek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all, it's me again, I forgot to ask something else about my kitties - they've both been treated with advantage flea thingy, but as of like 2 days ago they've both been scratching at their necks quite often, and very hard. I'm not adding any flea medicine, I don't see any on them or around. What else could be making them itch like that?? I've checked their skin around their necks and there's no bumps or anything..... Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

suziek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually, not really, mainly the neck area. I have collars on them, but they've been fine for almost a week until 2 days ago.....

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Perhaps the collars are too tight. Can you easily fit two fingers between the collar and the neck?

They may have allergies, which will make them itch. And, if it is getting cold up in NJ, their skin may be dry and itchy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

suziek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yup, 2 of my fingers fit through there, I made sure of that in case.... allergies you think? To like what?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by suziek
Actually, not really, mainly the neck area. I have collars on them, but they've been fine for almost a week until 2 days ago.....
How long have the collars been on? By your post, it appears that collars have only been on a week. Perhaps they are irritating them??