Self-checkouts

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

I was tempted to pick the "I'm a freak" category, but figured it was just for Natalie! Personally, I've never used them and don't plan on it! I will occasionally use the ones at gas stations, but I draw the line at grocery stores, Home Depot, etc. Besides, how on earth do you pay cash at them! I dont' think you can!
There's a slot for cash

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used them before and I thinkthey are great but none of the stores up here have them

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do when avail ... See I can fix them
,..... about 8 yrs ago the store I was hired at installed them ... I ran them before they were common in the area where I was .... I spent so much of my day with tech support I learn french... see the tech guys were in Monteral I was in a town outside Omaha

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't use them because i'd hate to see people out of a job even if theres just a couple of these machines in the supermarkets, because it makes you wonder if their just using these as testers to see how easy people find them, then the next thing is the cashiers out the door

Give me the personal service any day!

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I voted "what are ...", though I know what they are, but the other answers just didn't match...
The problem is, where I live (Germany) and shop (G. plus France and Luxembourg), we don't really have this thing, except for major cities.
I've seen that stuff before,yes, but my regular shopping facilities (I'm complicated today, sorry
) don't offer that.
We do have express checkouts, though and I recently saw a special checkout in Luxembourg where handicapped people and expectant mothers can check out faster...but apart from that, nope!
The only thing to do with that are many of those scanners in the shop where you can check the price, but you can't pay there

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

I was tempted to pick the "I'm a freak" category, but figured it was just for Natalie! Personally, I've never used them and don't plan on it! I will occasionally use the ones at gas stations, but I draw the line at grocery stores, Home Depot, etc. Besides, how on earth do you pay cash at them! I dont' think you can!
They have a place to put cash in. It's just like a soda machine

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

(I mean really who puts potatos on top of a loaf of bread - I even put them all on the belt in order for you!)
this is totally off topic, but I once had a bagger berate me because I bought eggs and didn't buy bread. Apparently the only way to bag eggs is with a loaf of bread

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A brand new Wal Mart Super Center near here opened two weeks ago, no self checkouts. I don't think they are catching on well here...

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

this is totally off topic, but I once had a bagger berate me because I bought eggs and didn't buy bread. Apparently the only way to bag eggs is with a loaf of bread
Well how dare you mess up their training knowledge!