Self checkouts, Yay or Nay?

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Winchester There are so many reasons why I hate Walmart. I avoid it like the plague. The last time I went in was in July of last year and was because I needed a new router. I went in at 1:00 on a Friday afternoon and they did not have one cashier working. It was all self checkout and the line was so long that it went into the women's clothing section. I ordered what I needed online and they brought it out to the car. Self checkout should not be for customers with carts full of stuff.

I'm not at all surprised that they had an employee working who was sick. They couldn't care less. I had the displeasure of working for them in the late 90's. DD worked for Sam's Club about 5 years ago. Not surprisingly, they are just as bad.

I do the majority of my shopping at Publix. The store I go to doesn't have self checkout. I hope they never add it.
It's coming. All the Publix stores here are transitioning at different rates. The ones near University have more self-check than standard lanes, while the ones in peripheral towns only have 2-4 self-check.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use self checkout. I might try it sometime, but it looks like a lot of work. I don't use bags. I put the items back in my cart and put in the plastic totes in my car that I wash once a month.