seeking advice

trulyadogperson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My approximately 4-mo. old kitten that I tamed ( I do have experience taming ferals) has developed leathery skin and lost the hair on the tips on her ears. I have not seen her scratching or rubbing but she now also has crustyness on her nose, red, puffy irritation/crustyness above her eyes, and I believe a small amount of redness under her nose. I have her quarantined from her two siblings, and I have not had any health problems with my kittens before. I tried looking up the symptoms but couldn't find anything that fit. Any help?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would think this little one needs to see a Vet for a skin scraping to see what this is.  Could possibly be mange, or maybe ringworm, although I would think either one of those would cause itching. 

Whatever it is, hopefully you can get him treated and stop it in it's tracks.  Good thing he's separated before it spreads to the others, just in case.  (hopefully it's not too late and they don't get it...whatever IT is)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

trulyadogperson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I went to the vet today, they are processing a culture just in case but it seems to be ringworm. She has started treatment immediately and will remain in quarantine. Meanwhile we are doing a lot of cleaning where she has been