Seeking Advice Regarding Kitten With Diarrhea And Runny Eyes

maichelle1996

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 9 week old kitten that I am fostering along with her mom and siblings since they were two weeks old. They all came to me with REALLY bad URI(Feline herpes per vet) and one died. The URI cleared up except the vet said they may get mild eye issues in times of stress which I have seen.
The one 9 week old kitten just started eating solid food last week. Up intill then she was just nursing. She has a great appetite BUT I noticed within minutes of eating both her eyes start to water. Around the same time she started to get diarrhea tooth paste consistency with a tiny bit of blood. I had her on Royal Canin kitten canned and then switched her to fancy feast kitten canned with the same results. She went to the vet and the put her on anti-diarrhea meds(the one that begins with M and makes them foam at the mouth). They put her on it for 5 days. This is day 4 and she is no better. I've been mixing in canned pumpkin and FortiFlora for the last three days also. She is acting normal. Playing and eating fine. Just the watery eyes and diarrhea. Could it be food allergies? The Vet originally thought the watery eyes was the herpes virus acting up but now I'm thinking making the diarrhea is related. Thoughts? Other suggestions I could try?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Something with the bowels??

If so, food extremely easy to digest?

Goats milk is always an alternative. / useful supplement.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ask the vet for Albon. This is an antibiotic that should help clear bacteria in her intestines.

I’m not sure about the watery eyes. She may outgrow her eyes watering after she eats.

Poor baby, I hope her diarrhea improves soon.

M maichelle1996