Seeking advice for bottle fed 11 day old kitten

jencatmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat gave birth to a litter of 8 kittens 11 days ago. We lost 2 in the first 3 days, I think due to competition against the stronger kittens for food. One other was struggling so I intervened. I've been hand feeding her from day 3 and she's steadily put on weight going from 82 grams to 137 grams when weighed today. Today she has been feeding normally and well, however tonight over the last 3 feeds she's been restless and sooky. I've had a suspicion she may be constipated as I haven't seen her poo in the last 24 hours when stimulating her after feeds (I'm not sure if she has or not as mum usually gives her the once over when I return her to the box). Also some feeds she doesn't burp as well as I'd like, despite my persistence! I've diluted her formula slightly the last few days as I was concerned about her bowel movements previously. Her poos have been a yellow/mustard colour and toothpaste consistency which I have read can be normal for formula fed kittens. I've exhausted internet searches for specific answers and the local vet I spoke to didn't offer a great deal of advice. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, the oil should help. It sounds like you're doing a great job with her. Are the other kittens all flourishing?