See shoplifting..what would you do?

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I highly doubt someone is lazy when they see they have no electricity or water running in the house, is he an alcoholic? this sounds like a mental illness to me. He might look healthy to you, but you dont really know whats going on deep down his brain.
Ok, no offense but I rather not share about my father's personal life on the forum in depth. No he's not an alcoholic and think what you wish on the mental illness part but you'll just be making up excuses for a deadbeat. I do know what's going on so please don't try to convince me otherwise.

Please don't think I'm trying to be rude but I figured it was better to say "the subject is closed" rather than ignore your question.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry i didnt want to offend you.

I only was stating because my mother is an alcoholic, and i know plenty others who are in the same situation and just have a mental disability even though they look completely healthy and normal.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work 3rd shift at a 24hr gas station in this part of VA(not sure if it is the same state wide) we stop beer sale at midnight We have 2 or 3 people a night who steal or try to steal a beer I usually catch at least 3 people every Friday Saturday and Sunday that I work I have 4 court dates next month...I do report shoplifting if I see it Prices do go up because of this at our gas station we charge 1.39 for a regular size candy bar and 1.59 for a large due to shoplifting. Though I do agree that you can tell if a person is in need...Instead of turning a blind eye to it I usually pay for a couple of cans of beans and maybe a pack of hotdogs and some bread for them. You can almost always tell who is doing it because they NEED it and who is doing it because they learn that this is a way to live.