Secret Santa Hints thread

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I hope I'm getting everything in. My computer picked the wrong time to crash, obviously!

What are you favorite types of food? I Loooooove Italian food - and prime rib, steak, etc.
Favorite types of chocolate? Don't really care for chocolate - I know - shocked gasps are echoing around the world!
Favorite scents for candles? anything really mild, due to allergies. I love vanilla, blueberry, cranberry.........and I do love candles!
Favorite scents for lotions? No scented lotions, again due to allergies
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No - I love to read. Am a frequent visitor to our local library. I love cookbooks, particularly local type cookbooks, church group recipes, that sort of thing - they're usually the best!
Do you collect anything? Cat knickknacks, cat figurines, I have a large collection of Callico Kittens by Enesco.
What is your favorite color? Blue
How would you describe your 'style'? Try to keep current, but love country kitchy type things for my home.
What sort of accessories do you like to wear? Try to match my accessories to my outfit for the day. The younger girls at work say I'm all "matchy, matchy". I love anything with cats on it as well.
Would you prefer something edible or something to keep? somthing to keep definitely!
Is there anything that you'd like for your home?[Anything with cats on it!
Do you plan on putting up a Christmas tree this year? Definitely! I'm referred to as the original Christmas elf! I start decorating in November - every room in the house has it's own Christmas decorations!
What type of toys do your cats like? Catnip anything! They love mice, interactive things, heck, they even like boxes!
Do you prefer old fashioned things or modern things? I like both, but if I had to choose one, I would choose old-fashioned!
Would you like a homemade gift? I know that a lot of time and thought goes into a homemade gift! I would like anything, but homemade gifts are particularly special!
Do you like to travel? Not particularly! Hard as that is to imagine! I grew up as an Air Force brat, so travelled and moved too much when I was a child. Now I want to put roots down and stay budged!
Do you enjoy art from other cultures? Absolutely! Exploring other cultures is fascinating, and one of the things that I enjoy about this site - that we have members around the world!
What other animals do you have / love? Only have the two kitties. My daugter has a very personable chinchilla named Joey who loves his nanny and gets excited whenever she brings him to visit!
What is your 'quirk'? Hmmm! Can't think of anything! My mother says I'm a perfectionist, and living with me and my father (who is also one) when I was growing up just about drove her insane!
How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time? That's easy! A glass of white wine, a hot bubble bath and a terrific book!
What are your absolute dislikes? I hate spiders, fish, eggs, shallow people!
Favourite author / genre for books? I love a good mystery! Carol Nelson Douglas's Midnight Louie series, The Cat Who series by Lilian Jackson Braun, Tess Gerritsen, Robin Cook, Steven King, Dean Koontz, Agatha Christie.........
What color scheme is your Living Room?? Blues and greys.
Your Kitchen?? Mainly blue.
Your Bathroom?? [/BMain bathroom pinks and roses, ensuite in blues and greys.
Your Bedroom?? [/B ] Blues - gee this is starting to sound boring, isn't it! I reeeaaaly like blue!
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Absolutely! I am addicted to Sudoku! And love crosswords~
Any colors that you don't like? Green, black, brown.
How do you feel about black & white photos? Love them! I have a framed B & W photo that I got at an artisan show that looked just like Loki, so had to buy it! Go figure - I love black cats, and they're not colourful, so......
Do you have space on your walls to hang more things, or are they full? There's always room for more!
What would be better, wall decoration, or "anywhere" decoration? Anything!
do your kittys like to wear clothes? Jacob is very proud of his collar and likes shiny things to wear on it (likes to look at them and shake his tags) but no other clothes for him. Loki hates clothes, collars, all of that!
do you like to bake? I would have to say yes, but prefer to COOK! Adore cookbooks and creating my own recipes!
who is your fav. sport star or team? Toronto Blue Jays......still have the sweat shirts I got when they won the back to back world series!
what is your favorite sport? Baseball - and am a real big fan of figure skating - go figure, I'm Canadian! Kurt Browning rocks!
are you allergic to feathers, peanuts, or anything like that? I have more allergies than I know what to do with! Allergic to feathers, hazlenuts, sensitive to soy and wheat, allergic to dust, a lot of perfumes and strong scents, lotions, etc etc. Have asthma, but won't give up my kitties! The doctor has given up!
do you like /have stuffed animals? Have a number of stuffed kitties!
do your kittys wear collars if they do what kind? Jacob yes - breakaway; Loki, not in this lifetime!
What is one thing you absolutely DONT want from your SS? Can't think of anything off the top of my head! Would absolutely love to get something that portrayed their country, if outside of mine! And I do speak, read and write French, so if in French not a prob...........

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just want to add one more thing............ I think this is wonderful! And I couldn't be happier with my assignment for SS! The person is soooo much like me, it's almost scary..............

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? I love word finds and those one's where you have to fill in the numbers or words (not crossword)
Any colors that you don't like? Yellow I guess, not really picky though
How do you feel about black & white photos? Quite nice they are
Do you have space on your walls to hang more things, or are they full? Not really a wall hanger
What would be better, wall decoration, or "anywhere" decoration? I don't keep knick-knacks out due to Fuzzy Buns
What is one special thing you would LOVE to get from your SS? Something that they enjoyed making or picking out
Do your kittys like to wear clothes? To my dismay no, only her "jammies" when she pulls out her fur every 3 years or so...
Do you like to bake? Actually yeah, though I don't have time to real often
Who is your fav. sport star or team Detroit Red Wings
What is your favorite sport? HOCKEY!!
Are you allergic to feathers, peanuts, or anything like that? (kinda need to know this cause we wouldnt want to send something that could make you sick) Technically a lot of things but I don't do anything about it. I don't have reactions to most of it.
Do you like /have stuffed animals Kitters gets all the stuffed animals that enter the house by default, she steals them and hunts them!!!

Do your kittys wear collars if they do what kind? (breakaway or buckle) I bought her one but we don't keep it on her. She never goes outside and it's not a break-away which bothers me, and she never trys to get outside. (she must realize how good she's got it in here!
What is one thing you absolutely DONT want frm your SS? Used underwear!!!
Anything is fine, like I said, I am not picky at all!!

Originally Posted by valanhb

Anyone else ready to spill it for their Secret Santa??
Nope, not yet!!!

Originally Posted by LokisMum

I just want to add one more thing............ I think this is wonderful! And I couldn't be happier with my assignment for SS! The person is soooo much like me, it's almost scary..............
So are you going to tell us who it is???
Is it me!!!??

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
Do you prefer old fashioned things or modern things?
both
Would you like a homemade gift?
sure
Do you like to travel?
yes
Do you enjoy art from other cultures?
mexican and asian

What other animals do you have / love?
turtles

What is your 'quirk'?
not understanding that question

How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time?
read hot baths day dream

What are your absolute dislikes?
string srtificaila scents

Favourite author / genre for books?
way too many

What color scheme is your Living Room??
pastels - faux french den- desert colors

Your Kitchen??
blues

Your Bathroom??
sage green white

Your Bedroom??
deep green , crimson

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches?
no

Any colors that you don't like?
orange avocado

How do you feel about black & white photos?
great

Do you have space on your walls to hang more things, or are they full?
pretty full and fairly particular

What would be better, wall decoration, or "anywhere" decoration?
neither

do your kittys like to wear clothes?
absolutely NO

do you like to bake?
love it, I have a bake center in the kitchen

who is your fav. sport star or team?
dont follow sports

what is your favorite sport?
tennnis if I have to pick, canoeing swimming to do

are you allergic to feathers, peanuts, or anything like that?
just pollen cats dust mites and many scents

do you like /have stuffed animals?
NOPE

do your kittys wear collars if they do what kind? (breakaway or buckle)
she has a breakaway with her name and phone number

What is one thing you absolutely DONT want from your SS?
anything with a scent, i would get a headache. No automobiles either

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you prefer old fashioned things or modern things?both

Would you like a homemade gift?yeah

Do you enjoy art from other cultures? American Indian

How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time?Reading

What are your absolute dislikes? horror movies

Favourite author / genre for books? Janette Oke, Left behind series (I have the first 8, need 9-12

What color scheme is your Living Room??Blues

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Not really

Any colors that you don't like?orange

How do you feel about black & white photos? Their Ok

Do you have space on your walls to hang more things, or are they full?Not really

What would be better, wall decoration, or "anywhere" decoration?Anywhere

do your kittys like to wear clothes? They would scratch the heck outta me if I tried that!

do you like to bake? love it, Sometimes but I don't have the time

who is your fav. sport star or team? Oakland Raiders

what is your favorite sport? Football

are you allergic to feathers, peanuts, or anything like that? Nope

do you like /have stuffed animals? yes, teddy bears

do your kittys wear collars if they do what kind? No way, they NEVER go outside

What is one thing you absolutely DONT want from your SS? Horror movies

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Summary of questions asked so far:
Favorite types of chocolate? Umm...any?

Favorite scents for candles? I have candles, but I'm too chicken to burn them
Favorite scents for lotions? Flower scents (not fruity)
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No, I love reading
Do you collect anything? No
What is your favorite color? purple
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? I have heard quite a bit about Tim Tams

How would you describe your 'style'? Mmm...eclectic? No specific style
What sort of accessories do you like to wear? Silver jewelry...delicate rather than bulkyWould you prefer something edible or something to keep? to keep

Do you plan on putting up a Christmas tree this year? probably not
What type of toys do your cats like? Anything they can chase up and down the hallway (my neighbors would prefer soft rather than hard plastic
). JinJin loves catnip stuff, Sabina not so much.

Would you like a homemade gift? If my SS wants to make a gift, I'm sure I'll love it.
Do you like to travel? I love Hawaii, and my kitchen is decorated in Hawaiian Kitsch...hula girls, hawaiian-themed stuff.
Do you enjoy art from other cultures? Yes, some
What other animals do you have / love? Love 'em all, have none
How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time? Baths, skin care, etc
What are your absolute dislikes? Country cozy-themed anything

Favourite author / genre for books? Fiction
What color scheme is your Living Room?? Deep purple
Your Kitchen?? Chartreuse
Your Bedroom?? Periwinkle
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Yes
Any colors that you don't like?
How do you feel about black & white photos? Love 'em, but I'm a photographer, so I wouldn't want any more...I have tons of them on the walls.
Do you
have space on your walls to hang more things, or are they full? All full, except for the kitchen.
What would be better, wall decoration, or "anywhere" decoration? If for any room but the kitchen, "anywhere"
do your kittys like to wear clothes? JinJin would sooner claw my eyes out (and could well give it a shot). I've actually wanted to try to dress Sabina...she's already 6.5lbs, and is growing fast (for sizing). She's going to be a very big girl.
who is your fav. sport star or team? Green Bay Packers!

what is your favorite sport? Football
do you like /have stuffed animals? No, not my favorite thing.
do your kittys wear collars if they do what kind? (breakaway or buckle) No, I'm afraid to put them on them.
What is one thing you absolutely DONT want from your SS? Too many "cat-themed" items

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? I love all kinds of puzzles! I am really into sudoku just now! I even have a little electronic game!

Any colors that you don't like? mmmm not really into 'loud' colours or anything really dull

How do you feel about black & white photos? I love them

Do you have space on your walls to hang more things, or are they full? Well I am about to move house so Im not sure yet but I know I don't have much just now to hang up so I'll definately be looking for things!

What would be better, wall decoration, or "anywhere" decoration? an anywhere decoration

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh, I didn't realise there were more questions!

What color scheme is your Living Room?? Well, we're moving soon and the living room will be magnolia
Your Kitchen?? Magnolia
Your Bedroom?? Magnolia with blue duvet cover, red fleece blanket and Tibby's multicoloured patchwork blanket

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Yes
Any colors that you don't like? No!

How do you feel about black & white photos? I love them! But have quite a lot of my own!
Do you have space on your walls to hang more things, or are they full? The new house hasn't got anything right now, but as an artist, I have some pieces to hang!
What would be better, wall decoration, or "anywhere" decoration? Anywhere!
do your kittys like to wear clothes? Tibby and Molly have been known to wear jumpers, but they generally just wear capes for their rainy day walks!

who is your fav. sport star or team? Liverpool
what is your favorite sport?Gymnastics
do you like /have stuffed animals? I have tonnes in bags in my parents' loft, but only have my childhood toys here!
do your kittys wear collars if they do what kind? (breakaway or buckle) We don't use collars
What is one thing you absolutely DONT want from your SS? I have no idea!
I'm sure my SS wouldn't send me anything I wouldn't want anyway!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
do your kittys like to wear clothes? nope

do you like to bake? When I have time! Im hoping when I move house and I have a bigger kitchen that I will bake a lot more!

who is your fav. sport star or team? I like to watch football, but I dont really have a favourite team (apart from England of course

what is your favorite sport? I love to watch gymnastics and figure skating on TV and I am involved in martial arts

are you allergic to feathers, peanuts, or anything like that? Not allergic to anything but I don't eat meat or anything with gelatin in

do you like /have stuffed animals? Of course I do! I'm female afterall

do your kittys wear collars if they do what kind? (breakaway or buckle) Nope, Sleeves and Nismo don't wear collars

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

So are you going to tell us who it is???
Is it me!!!??
Nope - I'm not telling! I do agree with you about the used underwear-

I think even Sarah prefers her y-fronts to be gifted "new"!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a reminder - if you need some hints from the person you are buying for, contact one of our Snooping Santas:

Snooping Santas
Goosehazel
Icklemiss21
OscarsMommy
Kluchetta

How is the snooping business going ladies?

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
B]Summary of questions asked so far:[/b] Wow..i go away for 2 days and the list of questions grew like crazy!!!

What are you favorite types of food?anything BBQ'd
Favorite types of chocolate? all of the above! LOL
Favorite scents for candles? probably vanilla (anything with a subtle scent)
Favorite scents for lotions? anything with a light scent (not flowery)
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? nope, a lot of my collection is used books
Do you collect anything? angels (or anything with an angel theme)
What is your favorite color? blues, greens, reds, oranges (anything not pastel)
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? sure...maybe a picture/postcard from their country
How would you describe your 'style'? casual but FUN
What sort of accessories do you like to wear? anything silver or with interest colours (i.e. i just got a jade necklace from a friend)
Would you prefer something edible or something to keep? probably something to keep...then i will have that memory for longer (if it's something good and edible i will be harassing the person to keep sending it! LOL)
Is there anything that you'd like for your home? well..the walls are pretty bare, maybe something to hang on the walls
Do you plan on putting up a Christmas tree this year? probably not...rambo tried to eat the last one
What type of toys do your cats like?Rambo loves anything with feathers, or the laser light. Lucky likes small bouncy balls that she can bat around or carrying in her mouth and hide
Do you prefer old fashioned things or modern things? my taste is probably more modern, but i do like going to antique auctions
Would you like a homemade gift? love it, i wish i had that level of creativity!
Do you like to travel? I would love to travel more, someday i would like to have visited every continent
Do you enjoy art from other cultures? I do, i have been looking at some paintings of native canadian (inuit) art, and some african tribal pieces. It just makes me want to learn more about those cultures
What other animals do you have / love? just my two monkeys, but i would love to have more kitties and a dog
What is your 'quirk'? i have an addiction to honey nut cheerios
and TCS

How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time? don't do it often, but it usually involves a bubble bath, a face mask and a glass of wine
What are your absolute dislikes? small-minded people (so i would rather not get one of those from my SS!) LOL
Favourite author / genre for books? fiction - usually if it's adventurous, set in strange locations (reading one in Antartica now), and intresting situations
What color scheme is your Living Room?? pale yellow
Your Kitchen?? terracotta
Your Bathroom?? light green
Your Bedroom?? steel blue
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? love sudoku!
Any colors that you don't like? umm...puke green/brown?? lol
How do you feel about black & white photos?love em!
Do you have space on your walls to hang more things, or are they full? they are pretty much bare!
What would be better, wall decoration, or "anywhere" decoration? probably wall...shelves are pretty full of books
do your kittys like to wear clothes? lol..Lucky would kill me in my sleep if i did that!
do you like to bake? don't really know how yet.
who is your fav. sport star or team? don't think i have one...
what is your favorite sport? i play volleyball and softball now
are you allergic to feathers, peanuts, or anything like that? nope
do you like /have stuffed animals? yep...though i think Lucky owns more of them then me
do your kittys wear collars if they do what kind? (breakaway or buckle) My kitties have breakaways from Ragtime (though Rambo seems to have hidden his somewhere...)
What is one thing you absolutely DONT want from your SS? the flu?? fake vomit?? real vomit?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Just a reminder - if you need some hints from the person you are buying for, contact one of our Snooping Santas:

Snooping Santas
Goosehazel
Icklemiss21
OscarsMommy
Kluchetta

Goin' great, ma'am!
snooped 4 or 5 people so far!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Snooping Santas
Goosehazel
Icklemiss21
OscarsMommy
Kluchetta

I have a list of 7 people, t'is fun knowing the pairings and pressie ideas

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For my Secret Santa - a list of "The Cat Who" books I haven't read.
The Cat Who Turned On and Off
The Cat Who Saw Red
The Cat Who Played Brahms
The Cat Who Knew Shakespeare
The Cat Who Sniffed Glue
The Cat Who Went Underground
The Cat Who Talked to Ghosts
The Cat Who Moved a Mountain
The Cat Who Wasn't There
The Cat Who Went into the Closet
The Cat Who Came to Breakfast
The Cat Who Blew the Whistle
The Cat Who Said Cheese
The Cat Who Tailed a Thief
The Cat Who Sang for the Birds
The Cat Who Saw Stars
The Cat Who Robbed a Bank
The Cat Who Smelled a Rat
The Cat Who Had 14 Tales
The Cat Who Went Up the Creek
The Cat Who Brought Down The House
The Cat Who Talked Turkey
The Cat Who Went Bananas
The Cat Who Dropped A Bombshell

And used copies are no problem!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

For my Secret Santa - a list of "The Cat Who" books I haven't read.
The Cat Who Turned On and Off
The Cat Who Saw Red
The Cat Who Played Brahms
The Cat Who Knew Shakespeare
The Cat Who Sniffed Glue
The Cat Who Went Underground
The Cat Who Talked to Ghosts
The Cat Who Moved a Mountain
The Cat Who Wasn't There
The Cat Who Went into the Closet
The Cat Who Came to Breakfast
The Cat Who Blew the Whistle
The Cat Who Said Cheese
The Cat Who Tailed a Thief
The Cat Who Sang for the Birds
The Cat Who Saw Stars
The Cat Who Robbed a Bank
The Cat Who Smelled a Rat
The Cat Who Had 14 Tales
The Cat Who Went Up the Creek
The Cat Who Brought Down The House
The Cat Who Talked Turkey
The Cat Who Went Bananas
The Cat Who Dropped A Bombshell

And used copies are no problem!
hey - let me know which ones you don't get - i don't read mine anymore & would be glad to send 'em to you to make room for more books at my house! [of course, if i'm your secret santa, you may get 'em anyway!]