Secret Santa Hints thread

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you prefer old fashioned things or modern things? I love vintage stuff, so I guess you could say old-fashioned...

Would you like a homemade gift? Sure!

Do you like to travel? I do, but I never get too.

Do you enjoy art from other cultures? Not especially

What other animals do you have / love? Dogs. I have 2, and I love my dogs and cats equally

What is your 'quirk'? I'm a little OCD about somethings, like shoes, and black and white polka-dotted stuff, and fairies.

How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time? Taking a nice long bath, and hope and pray noone knocks on the door.

What are your absolute dislikes? (I think we know the answer to the gnomes now ) I'm not a fan of highly colorful... things. I don't like fish, or anything else that comes out of water.

Favourite author / genre for books? My 2 favorite authors are Laurell K. Hamiliton, and L.A. Banks, and I read mostly horror novels, with a particular interest in vampires.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Kitties Likes: catnip/honeysuckle toys (they are also the fraks that like both), anything on a string or a wire - nothing that makes noise

Do you prefer old fashioned things or modern things?
Mostly modern - I am gadget crazy

Would you like a homemade gift? sure!

Do you like to travel?
Yep but haven't travelled much lately

Do you enjoy art from other cultures? yes

What other animals do you have / love? my little hamster, Peanut, and I love pretty much every other animal

What is your 'quirk'? ummmmm

How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time? bubble baths, kitty play time, a nice long walk

What are your absolute dislikes? work... thats about it

Favourite author / genre for books? oooh
Karin Slaughter, Kathy Reichs, John Sandford, Patricia Cornwall, Alex Kava, pretty much anything really but mystery/suspense/crime & murder type books are my faves

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are you favorite types of food? Italian
Favorite types of chocolate?Dark or Cadbury milk
Favorite scents for candles?Fall-pumpkin, banana bread,cookie
Favorite scents for lotions? Vanilla or Mango
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No
Do you collect anything? Washington Redskins stuff & cat books
What is your favorite color?pink
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?Something from there country or if in the states...same thing
How would you describe your 'style'?Right now very casual T-shirts & jeans
What sort of accessories do you like to wear?I wear a silver necklace with Bella on it!
Would you prefer something edible or something to keep? something to Keep
Is there anything that you'd like for your home?Not really
Do you plan on putting up a Christmas tree this year?Yes it's a 12 footer
What type of toys do your cats like?they love catnip toys
Do you prefer old fashioned things or modern things?modern
Would you like a homemade gift?Sure
Do you like to travel?Yes
Do you enjoy art from other cultures? Mostly Italian art
What other animals do you have / love? Love all animals especially otters!
What is your 'quirk'?Maybe that I'm obsessed with spelling errors in books and such!
How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time?I am lucky I have a lot of me time...I Soak in the hot tub looking at the stars
What are your absolute dislikes? I hate PEAS YUCK!!!
Favourite author / genre for books?Love Sandra Brown and True Crime writers, Love CAT books

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a brilliant idea!!

Favorite types of chocolate?I like either milk or white
Favorite scents for candles?I like vanilla, but anything that smells fruity
Favorite scents for lotions? same as above
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?definitely not!
Do you collect anything? pisces stuff as I am a sucker for my zodiac sign and currently I am collecting those winnie the pooh's that are in a costume. You get them in little vending machines outside of stores. I have 6 now!
What is your favorite color?yellow, but I also like green and blue.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?not particularly
How would you describe your 'style'?I am more of a casual, but trying to keep up with some current trends. I like my shirts to be a little bit longer as I have a short waist.
What sort of accessories do you like to wear?I have my ears pierced, I wear rings and bracelets as well as necklaces.
Would you prefer something edible or something to keep?something to keep.
Is there anything that you'd like for your home?I live with two other people so I don't think I need anything!
Do you plan on putting up a Christmas tree this year?of course!
What type of toys do your cats like?the laser pointer thing. They go crazy for it! Plus anyting they can shoot under the couch!
Do you prefer old fashioned things or modern things?Don't really have a preference
Would you like a homemade gift?Doesn't have to be, but homemade gifts are just as good as bought.
Do you like to travel?yes!
Do you enjoy art from other cultures? yes
What other animals do you have / love?I love horses, but my favourite animal is the bear
What is your 'quirk'?funky socks, I rarely wear boring socks. They have dogs or cats or polka dots ha ha.
How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time?rent a chick flick and sit down with a bowl of popcorn
What are your absolute dislikes? big jewellery, I don't like big gems or pendants.
Favourite author / genre for books?I like all types so I am of no help with this question ha ha!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought something that might be helpfull to some of us was:

What color scheme is your Living Room??

Your Kitchen??

Your Bathroom??

Your Bedroom??

This way if we find something cute, we can find it to match!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What color scheme is your Living Room?? Brown/ cream/burgandy

Your Kitchen?? I have a bit of the 'paris' theme thats in my living room, brought into my kitchen. Wine bottles/paris wall hangings/chef's - with some picture frames

Your Bathroom?? Palm tree's!

Your Bedroom?? Safari/African - We have a leopard print bedspred, wall hangings of wild animals - tigers, lions, giraffes, and matching candle holders.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

Kinky
I guess you can say that!

Lilleah has the same in her bedroom, (I think?!) so @ least I'm not the only 'kinky' one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I thought of a few as well - I like funky drinking glasses - wine, martini, margarita, etc. I like to wear warm, fuzzy socks around the house in winter.

What color scheme is your Living Room?? we haven't redone it yet, but I *think* it will be beige and sage green.

Your Kitchen?? I have a lot of pink and pale blue glass in my kitchen, with lots of glass hanging in the windows - a pic would be easier. If you really want to see, ask a snooping santa if I could take a pic

Your Bathroom?? Downstairs bath is a bluish/grey with brushed nickel accents. Upstairs will eventually be sage green with flower accents.

Your Bedroom?? periwinkle blue with beige, pale yellow, and light green.

The office is a warm beige with dark green and cranberry

The breezeway is light green and pale yellow.

A picture would give you a much better idea than my pathetic descriptions!

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I guess you can say that!

Lilleah has the same in her bedroom, (I think?!) so @ least I'm not the only 'kinky' one!
I do.

We've got leopard print bedding, along with all the pillowcases, and body pillows printed in tiger prints. We've got tigers, lions, monkey pictures all along the walls, we've got fake palm trees, and vines hanging over the closet, the whole bit.

I suppose I never thought of it as kinky though.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

I do.

We've got leopard print bedding, along with all the pillowcases, and body pillows printed in tiger prints. We've got tigers, lions, monkey pictures all along the walls, we've got fake palm trees, and vines hanging over the closet, the whole bit.

I suppose I never thought of it as kinky though.
Sounds just like my bedroom - except we don't have the vines, John would want to hang from them!
(Not in a kinky way!
)

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
more questions... and some answers with them.

Do you prefer old fashioned things or modern things? It depends. I love older cameras, knives and swords (decorative ones) and some other retro stuff, but mostly new, modern things. Not into the 'country' look either.
Would you like a homemade gift? I think it would be cool. I'm thinking of doing that for my SS.
Do you like to travel? haven't done enough of it, but yes, I love it.
Do you enjoy art from other cultures? Most definitely!!!! a neighbor of mine gave me a Swiss handcarved and handpainted rocking horse. I'm 1/4 Swiss, so it meant a LOT to me.
What other animals do you have / love? Only have the cats... I love all kinds (except those with scales and or spikes... except fish... but I'm terrible at keeping them alive)
What is your 'quirk'? BWAAHAAHAAHAA!!!! There is not enough time or space to list all of my quirks.
How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time? I love alone, execpt for the cats... so all my time is pretty much ME time. Although I do like to close the bathroom door to the cats and just daydream (not telling where i sit!)
What are your absolute dislikes? country-shtick decor, white chocolate, people who hate for no good reason...
Favourite author / genre for books? Science fiction/fantasy. Dragons and spaceships. if my SS were perusing a used bookstore in their area and found one of my much-sought-after paperbacks... I would be so hugely in their debt... Andre Norton, title: Outside. Its out of print... I can find it online, but the satisfaction of finding it ON a shelf is why I refuse to buy it online. Time constraints may keep my person from finding it, but that's okay... I have Powells here in Portland... Muaahaahaa!!!! My other two sought after books are WAAAAAAYYYY too expensive for the SS. Trust me. I worked for an Antiquarian bookseller, so I have expensive tastes now. (D*** him, and the horse he rode in on.
) As for other, widely findable books, McCaffery, Robert Aspirin, Eddings (need more... have Belgariad... want others now).

More questions! I'm loving answering these!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you prefer old fashioned things or modern things?
Mostly old fashioned

Would you like a homemade gift?

Yes
Do you like to travel?

Kinda if I dont have to plan it

Do you enjoy art from other cultures?

yes
What other animals do you have / love?
I am owned also by a dog and 8 fish ... I love all animals

What is your 'quirk'?
Oh there are jsut too many

How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time?
What is this??? lol
What are your absolute dislikes? (I think we know the answer to the gnomes now )
Onions??
I actullly like gnomes

Favourite author / genre for books?

Micheal Crighton
Lawerence Sanders
Jacque COustau

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What color scheme is your Living Room?? neutral with kicks of red and some other colors... three kimono's hanging behind couch: black, dark purple and a lighter purple.

Your Kitchen?? color? what color? I'm in a :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor:' apartment!

Your Bathroom?? half bath has dark purple rugs and towels, with Egyptian Papyrus art framed on the walls. full path has all kinds of colors, but basically the rubber duckies... wouldn't mind more duckies to adorn my bathroom. i told myself I'd grow out of that after 5 years of it... NOT!

Your Bedroom?? muted purples... I have a purple kimono hanging behind my bed...

Do ya think I like Purple and red? (just like Jon Bon Jovi... go figure)

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed these ones:

If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? A shot glass

How would you describe your 'style'? Cute. Definatly cute. I love pink anything.

What sort of accessories do you like to wear? I LOOOVE accessories. Gosh, I must have like a billion of them. Earrings, and necklaces are my favorite, closely followed by rings. Pink. Pink.
Anything for my hair too, like cute charms I can put in there, or flowers. Beauty.

Would you prefer something edible or something to keep? To keep!

Is there anything that you'd like for your home? Umm...Nah. Not really. I do need a new toilet brush though.

Do you plan on putting up a Christmas tree this year? Yes. It's a frosted pink in fact.

What type of toys do your cats like? Mushi likes anything. Specially Stringy things and balls. Kipper likes things like the mice with catnip.

Do you prefer old fashioned things or modern things? Modern

Would you like a homemade gift? That would be fine

Do you like to travel? Too stressfull for me, and no time

Do you enjoy art from other cultures? I'm not much into artsy stuff I guess

What other animals do you have / love? I have 2 cats, 2 hermit crabs(one is lost in the house somewhere), and one turtle. My dream is to have a toy pomeranian when I get a house though too.

What is your 'quirk'? Sheesh..I am silly. I talk silly, act silly. I'm just a silly girl. I Love to make people laugh. I'm very "boppy." Like a highschooler, and No one EVER believes that I'm actually 22.

How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time? Ooo...Yoga. Doing my nails, taking long baths with bubbles and wine, dancing/singing in the mirror, and folding socks. ( I kind of find folding socks relaxing)

What are your absolute dislikes? Bleh...relationship problems. To my SS:please do not send me any of those.

Favourite author / genre for books? Cosmo

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you prefer old fashioned things or modern things? A little of both

Would you like a homemade gift? Sure would!

Do you like to travel? Yes I LOVE to travel but don't do it as often as I would like

Do you enjoy art from other cultures? Depends

What other animals do you have / love? I want a puppy soooo bad!

What is your 'quirk'? There are waaaaaay to many to list

How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time? Curling up in my PJs, watching a girlie movie and some ice cream!

What are your absolute dislikes? Coffee

Favourite author / genre for books? Romance or mystery novels....

What color scheme is your Living Room?? Brown, beige....

Your Kitchen?? French chef themed

Your Bathroom?? Yellowy sunflowers in one and we are doing something different in our other one so I can't tell ya that now...

Your Bedroom?? Blue

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Do you prefer old fashioned things or modern things? More old fashioned

Would you like a homemade gift? Most definitely

Do you like to travel? Tend to be a homebody. Hubby really likes it

Do you enjoy art from other cultures? Yes

What other animals do you have / love? We have some fish (African cichlids though we'd like to change the tank out)

What is your 'quirk'? I'll never tell

How do you pamper yourself at home for 'me' time?Catching up on TCS

What are your absolute dislikes? Coffee - can't stand the smell

Favourite author / genre for books?British mysteries

What color scheme is your Living Room??Green, Dark Red, Blue

Your Kitchen?? Green and Light oak

Your Bathroom??Blue and Pink

Your Bedroom?? Green, Gold, and Mauve

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What color scheme is your Living Room?? Deep blue (Behr's Province) with greenish-teal and deep brown accents.

Your Kitchen?? We haven't decided yet.

Your Bathroom?? Deep green with earthy accents (Behr's Egyptian Nile). We're going to make it like a Roman Bath type thing.

Your Bedroom?? Deep Brown (Behr's Blanket Brown) with gold and deep red accents.