Secret Santa Discussion Thread

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom and I baked today and plan to bake some more tomorrow. All of my shopping is done, and I finished wrapping today too! Hopefully, I will get my SS package in the mail Monday after work!!!

I already had to re-wrap one package. Maggie taste tested it! (No, it wasn't a food item....Maggie likes to eat everything, especially little boxes and electrical cords!)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Susie, that photo is perfect!

Thus far, I've only participated in the "Mod/Adviser/Mentor SS", because anybody who gets me will have to pay pretty high postage charges, unless they happen to live in the European Union. I'm really tempted, though, because I guess I could give the site "snoopers" some tips on Internet sites where whoever got me could order and avoid the international postage. Maybe next year!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorted out what I had gotten so far and spent part of the daywielding a paintbrush!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Darn it - I bought a box of scorched almonds and I ate them!
I was craving something sweet and I knew I had some chocolate...I will have to go back and get some more.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are people wrapping gifts inside the package?

How about when sending overseas? Is it best to not wrap because of customs?

Or maybe I'm just throwing in that question to be devious!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SS package is ready to send. I'm going to brave the post office this evening after work. I'm dreading it. My package weighs a ton! I had to check to make sure I didn't include one of the girls!!!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have been warning my "giftee" that her presents will not be mailed till early December!
Oh, the anticipation! Also, I am still waiting for SS kitty gifts to arrive - I did buy all the paper, ornaments, etc. that will adorn the presents - so, by this weekend, I should be ready to "lock and load" and then next week, the box will go off the Fedex and be on its merry way to
H%S!@#1FDU!
Based on Cosmo's performance under the Christmas tree:i.e. destroying ornaments, I will need to wrap and seal pretty quickly - he is really a little demon kitty!
Thank goodness Sophie and Mollie have risen above such nonsense!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

My SS package is ready to send. I'm going to brave the post office this evening after work. I'm dreading it. My package weighs a ton! I had to check to make sure I didn't include one of the girls!!!
I don't envy you at all.
Right after Thanksgiving it is always a madhouse to try and ship everything out.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finished getting everything this weekend, now I just have to wrap, I hate wrapping!

I'm very pleased with what I've gotten my SS, I hope ______ loves it too!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, everytime I go shopping I find something thats just TOO cute not to get. So far I've added 2 more things and one of them I got 2 of so I can have one too.
I'm hoping to get it all wrapped up and ready to ship over the weekend... so it'll be on it's way soon. I think I might be more excited about sending mine package than getting one. I love giving gifts... especially when I think they are going to be a big hit.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Well, everytime I go shopping I find something thats just TOO cute not to get. So far I've added 2 more things and one of them I got 2 of so I can have one too.
I'm hoping to get it all wrapped up and ready to ship over the weekend... so it'll be on it's way soon. I think I might be more excited about sending mine package than getting one. I love giving gifts... especially when I think they are going to be a big hit.
That's how I feel. I had so much fun putting mine together I forgot I'm also getting something.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Are people wrapping gifts inside the package?

How about when sending overseas? Is it best to not wrap because of customs?

Or maybe I'm just throwing in that question to be devious!
When I've shipped in the US, I've wrapped everything. When I've shipped overseas, I tend not to wrap because of customs. You could do gift bags, that's a real easy idea and easy to get into for checking if they do. Also on overseas, be real upfront on the customs form! You say whats really in there and you have less problems!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Happy Dance!
Happy Dance!

I mailed my SS package this evening!!!
Mine went out this morning at 8:30am, I am so happy. And like everyone else, I've been so wrapped up with this, I forgot I get to be a recipient too.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just mailed my SS package!

I went well over the spending limit, but after seeing what others have received, I'm worried I still didn't get enough!
I hope my SS likes it

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine should be going out next week. Gotta finish an item and then get a box and then it's over a river...

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I swaer i'm going to start up an 'The official "where's my dang present, i want it now!" thread!'

no pressure