Secret Santa Discussion Thread

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Or rather, I'm glad I'm not YOURS because buying presents for 11 cats would drain my wallet

(I could just be saying that to throw you off
)
you better be real glad you don't have me then!!! (or do you??
) I have 15 of the little buggers to buy for!!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

you better be real glad you don't have me then!!! (or do you??
) I have 15 of the little buggers to buy for!!
I would just buy one jumbo size bag of catnip and scatter it over the house for them!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I would just buy one jumbo size bag of catnip and scatter it over the house for them!
that might have an interesting outcome
I might have to try that when I get home

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are all scaring me! It sounds like everyone has all ready done their SS shopping and started wrapping! I am still trying to snoop and decide what to finally get...please tell me that I am not the only one who has barely gotten started!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

You are all scaring me! It sounds like everyone has all ready done their SS shopping and started wrapping! I am still trying to snoop and decide what to finally get...please tell me that I am not the only one who has barely gotten started!
Believe me....you're not the only one who's barely gotten started. I've started up a Word document with my SS stuff on it, so I can take it with me shopping. That's about as far as I've gotten.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

no fears Ellyn!! I haven't started either, I'm a perform best when under pressure kinda gal

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Secret Santa 2007 - the year of biological substances, chicken skins and lizard skins.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Secret Santa 2007 - the year of biological substances, chicken skins and lizard skins.
Hmm, doesn't have the same ring as nuts, gnomes and underpants

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Nope your not the only one... I'm still plotting away for my SS

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh no, don't panic. I'm a shopping hoarder! I buy a little here, a little there, a quick something at this place and stash it away. I normally start this type of behavior after I've started snooping my SS. I will shop right up to the last day before I ship.

That really sounds super gross!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

That really sounds super gross!
...and you contributed to it.

To get us back on track ....

I picked up a few things for my SS today!!!
I hope the kitty/ies like the ____ I bought!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, you're not alone. I am FAR from finishing up my package!

I've picked up some little things for my SS and her cat(s). I've gotten the stuff for the "big" present(s) and I've started working on it, but it will probably take a couple weeks to finish up. And I haven't even started thinking about what cookies to make! That doesn't start until after Thanksgiving, though. The baking, I mean. Otherwise, I would have to test them like Eva did the chocolate.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am actually undertaking a sizable project for my SS... I hope she loves it... I think she will, as she made a comment about wanting one... just hope i don't goof it up too much...

I haven't shopped for her kitties yet... but i have time... really. I'm in not in a huge rush.

Now, I really do need to get some other projects and some cleaning done. I'm heading out of town this weekend and I need to make a couple things for my best friend, whom I'm visiting. Heck, for one of them, I may just bring the d*** sewing machine with me... OTOH, maybe I'll just do both there... no... hmmm... crud. See, in order to make anything for them, I have to sew in a cat-hair-free environment. My apt. managers have graciously given me permission to use the club room... guess i really *should* haul the machine up there, huh? I hate my sewing machine... heavy than lead in an empty swimming pool... I'll see how long it takes to make the blanket... then maybe I'll do the curtains... all easy stuff...

Amanda

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh I'm sure Riley will love it!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
If only my sewing machine weren't an old bugger who kept jamming up, i could make things too *pouts*

Oh well

*goes searching for some lizard skin*

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Hmm, doesn't have the same ring as nuts, gnomes and underpants
I remember hearing so much about the gnomes not long after I had joined TCS, so I caught myself looking at a gnome at Ross, thinking "should I send one to my SS person!?!?" Keeping up with the Jones's, if you will.

But, I didn't get it. My person is too cool for a gnome!

Oh no, don't panic. I'm a shopping hoarder! I buy a little here, a little there, a quick something at this place and stash it away. I normally start this type of behavior after I've started snooping my SS. I will shop right up to the last day before I ship.
Me, too. I probably will have loads of stuff when its all said and done. I already have so much, but they're just little things. I've been picking up stuff for my real life family since June, actually.
Well, semi-annual sales get me everytime.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I may have contributed BUT I didn't start it!

Oh and Takoda says he is just so excited to get a gift from Abby.

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All of a sudden I have three presents for my SS. I love it when I find things when I'm not looking. And no, it's none of the 2007 biological gifts.
I really, really like sheep!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Ahh that's too bad. Eva's my name and spoiling is my game!
I'm sure someone will want me!
That is for sure as Eva was mine last year :_)