Secret Santa Discussion Thread 2013!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got a trip planned the first two weeks in December. I'll be shipping a package off to my SS this weekend for an early delivery date. Or maybe I'll wait until I get home so it gets there just in time for Christmas.
Which shall I do? wonder if my santee is a lightsider or darksider.
I'm a darksider.  

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Okay, I'm new to this.  A darksider is one who opens their package before Christmas, right?  In that case....oh, yeah, I'm a DARKSIDER!  My package will be opened within five seconds of receiving it.  

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
So I find a good box, put all the stuff in to make sure it will fit. Then I start wrapping everything and realize I'm going to have to get a bigger box. You wouldn't think wrapping paper would make so much difference. :scratch:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I've got a trip planned the first two weeks in December. I'll be shipping a package off to my SS this weekend for an early delivery date. Or maybe I'll wait until I get home so it gets there just in time for Christmas. :think: Which shall I do? wonder if my santee is a lightsider or darksider.

I'm a darksider.  ;)
Good to know. So if I'm your SS I can wait until I get home to send your package, right? :devilish:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good to know. So if I'm your SS I can wait until I get home to send your package, right?
Ah, but I've already received my package.  
  I am just waiting on a camera, which DH and I ordered today.  One minor glitch is that the guy at the store told me it comes with a USB cable.  (The camera was out of stock, so he had to do a special order.)  I've read online reviews for the same camera in which people complain that it does not come with the USB cable.  I need this camera complete with everything it necessary to post pictures ASAP, for Secret Santa purposes.  My Secret Santa box looks lonely in the closet, all unopened and everything.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So I find a good box, put all the stuff in to make sure it will fit. Then I start wrapping everything and realize I'm going to have to get a bigger box. You wouldn't think wrapping paper would make so much difference.
  I think that happened with one of my sweet SS's one year.  I don't remember if she sent a note in the box or on here as to why everything was unwrapped!  

Ah, but I've already received my package.  
  I am just waiting on a camera, which DH and I ordered today.  One minor glitch is that the guy at the store told me it comes with a USB cable.  (The camera was out of stock, so he had to do a special order.)  I've read online reviews for the same camera in which people complain that it does not come with the USB cable.  I need this camera complete with everything it necessary to post pictures ASAP, for Secret Santa purposes.  My Secret Santa box looks lonely in the closet, all unopened and everything.  
It IS lonely! The poor poor thing!  It needs to be put out of it's misery.  It's the right thing to do.  Say it with me; the riiight thing to do. 

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Good to know. So if I'm your SS I can wait until I get home to send your package, right? :devilish:

Ah, but I've already received my package.  :seesaw:   I am just waiting on a camera, which DH and I ordered today.  One minor glitch is that the guy at the store told me it comes with a USB cable.  (The camera was out of stock, so he had to do a special order.)  I've read online reviews for the same camera in which people complain that it does not come with the USB cable.  I need this camera complete with everything it necessary to post pictures ASAP, for Secret Santa purposes.  My Secret Santa box looks lonely in the closet, all unopened and everything.  :sniffle:
Drat! Guess I'll have to find another darksider to torment.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Drat! Guess I'll have to find another darksider to torment.
There are a lot a darksiders around.  We give cookies to those who join our ranks.  
 That's a sure fire way to build an army.

You know, I think when you were my wonderful Santa, DH kept me on the lightside.  He kept telling me it would be more fun to open on Christmas Day.  I opened before Christmas, but it wasn't much sooner.  

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l'm mailing out my SS's parcel tomorrow. Just wrapping it all now. l hope l have a big enough box.

Do we have any unwrappings yet? Am l missing it???

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, even without ANY help (thanks to MoochNNoodles desire to play by the rules and not spam everyone 

) I am on a total SS ROLL!!!!! I swear it's like it all came to me in a dream, and now my credit card is suffering from over-swiping. No matter, as I am super excited to buy the last few items on my list (and for a couple to arrive via Amazon) so I can get these boxed up and off to my lucky recipients! 

NOW it's starting to feel like Christmas!!!!!!! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  Well I'm glad I'm not too much of a party pooper!

I'm so close to being ready to ship.  Wrapping and some assembling needs to be done for the multiple exchanges I've signed myself up for this year.  I want to do all my shipping at once.  The post office location I usually use I can get to when it's not busy usually; but it's still a stroller worthy errand.  

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had no hints to go by.  I am hoping, my SS likes what I picked for them.  I had a moment of inspiration while out shopping and kind of put together a semi-theme gift, right down to the colors of everything and the box it's in.  And again, hoping that one item makes it all the way to them without making a sticky mess 

(EDIT: Well, I had hints, but none from the hints thread!)

Last edited by a moderator:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well ... l have to laugh, and l hope my Secret Santee does as well  

l diligently wrapped each gift and went to put them in the box l though was big enough. Yeah, not so much. So, l loaded everything in and kept one end open, then wrapped the whole thing in ugly brown paper. THEN thank god for hockey tape!!! The tape is what's holding everything together, lol. lt's such an embarrassingly ugly parcel that l'm sending DS to the post office to see if they'll actually mail it like that 

So my deepest most sincere apologies to my recipient. l swear the insides are nicer than the outside.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well ... l have to laugh, and l hope my Secret Santee does as well  

l diligently wrapped each gift and went to put them in the box l though was big enough. Yeah, not so much. So, l loaded everything in and kept one end open, then wrapped the whole thing in ugly brown paper. THEN thank god for hockey tape!!! The tape is what's holding everything together, lol. lt's such an embarrassingly ugly parcel that l'm sending DS to the post office to see if they'll actually mail it like that 

So my deepest most sincere apologies to my recipient. l swear the insides are nicer than the outside.
Hey, I never judge a book by it's cover, or a box by it wrapping!  Besides, the wrapping doesn't stay on very long here anyway. I'm sure your Santee will love everything!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

I'll be wrapping this weekend and sending off the package on Monday!  
Oops...didn't quite make that deadline!  But it IS packed now and going to the post office tomorrow a.m.   And you will all be shocked to hear--I think there's CAT hair in the wrapping tape!  
  How on earth did that ever happen?!  

Status
Not open for further replies.