Secret Santa Discussion Thread 2012!!

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A snooper will send your Secret Santa a PM and find out info for you, such as if you have specific questions - or if your name hasn't filled out the hint thread, let a snooper know and they will prompt them :D

Send any snooper a PM (Myself, Cathbehaviors & Draco)- Send one of us a PM if you want us to find something out about your secret santa, such as a specific like/dislike- etc...... and we will then PM your secret santa (not revealing your identity) and ask them to answer the question - then report back to you with what we find out :)
Why thank you for snooping Nebula!  I may have to take you up on that.  I'm clueless as to what to buy for mine.  I'm lurking to see if they are posting anything that might give me some specifics. 

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know have a list of what I want to buy and I'm putting a dent in that in the next two weeks waiting for the nice wrapping paper coming into shops after Halloween and I will be shipping :)

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What if your Santee does not open the gifts until Christmas and it is an edible one?  Can we email a snoop and tell them to tell the Santee to open it?

Last edited:

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What if your Santee does not open the gifts until Christmas and it is an edible one?  Can we email a snoop and tell them to tell the Santee to open it?
Yep! There have been Santas who told their recipient to open immediately because
THEY MUST FREE THE CHOCOLATE!!

Well, I have been totally blown by Pollyanna's genius, but not enough that I have been shopping for the perfect gift boxes.

I just need to go to _________________ and pick up some ________________ (for my recipient, BBF Ramona, and me :yummy: ). Then I need to make a few _________________, and decide which of my ________________ to send or if I need to make more.

Last edited:

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I really didnt think they were getting their fair amount of exposure so far this year 

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that's a cute gnome pic, but some are down right creepy! The story behind the garden gnomes: from what I understand, one member wouldn't post in the hints thread, so their "Santa" threatened to send her garden gnomes, which she found creepy. So now gnomes have become a tradition in the SS festivities. I'm not sure who was involved as that was before I started participating in SS. If I'm wrong on the story behind it, I'm sure someone will jump in and set me straight! Oh, and the llama thing? As a clue a few years ago, someone taped a clump of fur in a card they sent and tagged it "llama fur", so that has been a running joke. I can't remember who they were but Butterbean may have donated something here. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.....

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for that excellent run-down calico2222.  I really enjoy the silliness of some of TCS

I have a feeling it may be just a little unwise to say what you don't want.. there is a nagging concern for me that my Yoga for Cats book collection may just get out of control.

And all this has tapped into my deep and abiding gnome thing - I don't own one myself, but my SS person may just be lucky..

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The llamas started with Kim and I think Sarah? And a llama called francois haha. Butterbean in nurseangels photo is a photo I took on holiday.

I think the gnomes came from Sarah to got held up in customs I know that

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, and Danielle (sillyitaliangirl) was in the middle of the whole llama thing because she knew both me and Sarah and knew Sarah was my SS.The Gnome was to Danielle in Australia (I think her TCS name is Huggles?), from Karen (Abbysmom) I think.
The llamas started with Kim and I think Sarah? And a llama called francois haha. Butterbean in nurseangels photo is a photo I took on holiday.
I think the gnomes came from Sarah to got held up in customs I know that

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
A snooper will send your Secret Santa a PM and find out info for you, such as if you have specific questions - or if your name hasn't filled out the hint thread, let a snooper know and they will prompt them :D

Send any snooper a PM (Myself, Cathbehaviors
Why thank you for snooping Nebula!  I may have to take you up on that.  I'm clueless as to what to buy for mine.  I'm lurking to see if they are posting anything that might give me some specifics. 
Have you checked the Hints Thread to see if your santee posted?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
this thread is fun to read through!!

My only hint: My gift is for someone who likes cats *nod*