Second Sighting A Small Stray ?girl?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it has been 2 weeks and today she came up to the sliding glass door, I got up and she ran away. I left her some food outside near where she ran away.

So my game plan is everyday around two pm to put a small bowl of food outside for her near the sliding glass door. (I don't want to feed possums and 2-4 is when my idiot roommate is banned from his knife throwing hobby. So it will be quiet.) If she comes near again I'm going to blatantly ignore her. If she starts making lots appearance I will do the fake puurr. If she lets me pet her yeah.

Then once she trusts me more I can take picture & make fliers... just in case she is owned (I highly doubt it.)

Next arrange help from a TNR program. Get her spayed and if I can vaccinated.

*SIGH* She isn't my cat. I have 2 cats. But I can't let her starve either. I do not want a third semi-feral cat. However I am willing to care enough to give her an outdoor cat house, keep her in dry food and spay her. Any ideas? She comes to our yard because of all the birds we feed & the fat easy to catch pigeons.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
danteshuman danteshuman , thank you for having this thought.

Think you just have to wait and observe and see how she behaves when you are around. Good to leave food at one end and you sitting on the other. Do this every day and move yourself and food closer to each other so that the kitty can get use to your presence and associate you with food.

Do it one step at a time to gain full trust from you. Don't freak her out or else you might not see her again.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like my plan too! Setting out food at the same time is good, they love routine and learn quickly. Getting her spayed is good, or you will have ten to feed pretty soon. After she is tamed, you might see if you can find her a home, I have had good luck on the morning radio shows and the local paper/internet listings, I just found a home with an elderly couple for a little girl that showed up at my place, so have hope! PS it helps to say they were abandoned and desperately need a loving home!