Second guessing my pregnant cat

zookeeper lady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,I rescued my cat on Christmas day.She was a stray that made a home in my sisters barn.So we named her Noelle. Since that day I've wondered if she was pregnant so I took her to the vet and vet did confirm shes most likely pregnant due to her nipples being bigger than normal. And her due date should be around February 19th and now being February 22nd. She is not showing any signs of nesting. Her tummy is a little bigger but she was very skinny when I rescued her. Her nipples haven't changed at all and no milk at all. I do not feel any movement but is very difficult to touch her belly as she gets aggressive when I try to touch. And she hasn't gotten a heat since December 25th the day I rescued her. And she is very young just about 9 to 10 month old. Any info is very appreciated.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello,I rescued my cat on Christmas day.She was a stray that made a home in my sisters barn.So we named her Noelle. Since that day I've wondered if she was pregnant so I took her to the vet and vet did confirm shes most likely pregnant due to her nipples being bigger than normal. And her due date should be around February 19th and now being February 22nd. She is not showing any signs of nesting. Her tummy is a little bigger but she was very skinny when I rescued her. Her nipples haven't changed at all and no milk at all. I do not feel any movement but is very difficult to touch her belly as she gets aggressive when I try to touch. And she hasn't gotten a heat since December 25th the day I rescued her. And she is very young just about 9 to 10 month old. Any info is very appreciated.
Its difficult to know, if she has a small litter.

She may also had a false pregnancy, reabsorbed the fetuses, or even aborted them...

Hold her inside and wait some more till you know for sure.  Prepare for a birth as well as you can.

If there are no further signs in another week, go to the vet for a check up - and or a spaying...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zookeeper lady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its difficult to know, if she has a small litter.
She may also had a false pregnancy, reabsorbed the fetuses, or even aborted them...

Hold her inside and wait some more till you know for sure.  Prepare for a birth as well as you can.

If there are no further signs in another week, go to the vet for a check up - and or a spaying...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zookeeper lady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there a way i can find out if she had a false pregnancy or only vet can tell me?