Seal point or lilac point?

basilk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I always thought my Meeshy was a seal point because she is so dark but after a recent vet visit they marked her as lilac point on their charts.. Is it because her eyes are so so light? I'm not sure? What do you think?!

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Note: not an expert!!

But as a teen, we had a pet quality purebred chocolate point. Mind you--she was short haired. Coloring was similar. The white toes--to me--point towards Snowshoe, possibly, though like I said, I'm nowhere an expert here. It's possible too, they aren't, either, at the vets. [emoji]128527[/emoji]

How old is your cat?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

basilk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is two years old but I did not get her as a kitten. She definitely has white socks and chest with dark surrounding them. I think she is seal point but like I said just wanted another opinion because her vet marked her down differently!

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lilac is basically the diluted form of Chocolate. This cat is without a doubt not diluted. I would earlier hesitate between whether she's a Chocolate point or a Seal point.  To be absolutely sure wich of the 2 it is, I will need more pictures. Preferred from when she was younger, but if you have not, can you picture her face from the front, her ears from the  back, a full body shot including the tail, and a picture of her pawpads? Also, make sure the picture resembles her color as good as possible, because specially with a cat this dark, it's difficult to see whether she's chocolate or seal. It's all about how "brown"  or "black"  she is.

If I have to decide on this picture alone: Looking at her nose specifically, I would say she's a seal point (with white).  But her tail is making me doubt, so I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:

newdestinycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your vet's staff obviously doesn't know anything about color.... Your gorgeous baby is a Seal Point mitted and you can take that to the bank...

basilk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The first one is the most accurate color because she wanted to cuddle in the day time.. The last two are close but a little yellow because of my lamp.

siamiam2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm still confused about the differences too. Annabel has snowshoe paws and is lean at 2 years 3 months. Your female is weighty which also denotes what type of imagine. She's also a bit greyish in parts mixed with brown. Females who are bred are lean. Not sure why but this web site shows a different type of Siamese which isn't the original.the traditional Siamese was brought to England first in the 1800s and then here as a gift to a President. People wrongly claim A is too thin when normally when not under the weather she's just fine. Allergy put her doen2 pounds which makes her too thin. Also? Be sure yours gets enough meat. Avoid soy as much as possible and give very little liver. Siamese tend to crave meat. friskies makes a good one you have to cut up, meaty bits. A real crowd pleaser.

Last edited by a moderator:

basilk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is actually quite lean but I think since she is part Munchkin it makes her look heavier.. She is a tiny little thing. I feed her Instinct canned and raw food. She still loves her dry food and wil cry for it at night so I feed her the Instinct brand dry at night only.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The first one is the most accurate color because she wanted to cuddle in the day time.. The last two are close but a little yellow because of my lamp.
In that case she's a gorgeous Seal Point with White ;)