Scrotal Hematoma

Liliana Elliot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten was neutered 13 days ago, the first night, we got home and I left him for 5 min, came back and there was blood all over, just dripping the size of a quarter or more... We rushed him back to vet, she said he was alright, send him home with cone and tranquilizer. I put him in a soft kennel, yesterday,12 days later, I took him out, took cone off to see how he was, he licked once, and he started bleeding some, not a lot.I was told this is "Scrotal Hematoma" Has anyone experienced this before? If so, what did you do? how long did this last? I'm so sad to have to leave him in soft kennel for so long with cone.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, spit. I found a lot of articles that say, "This can happen," and precious few that said what to do, other than, bring him in immediately. And you did that. How much blood was there? Did you call the vet after this second episode of bleeding? If not, do so first thing in the morning. If she is unwilling to answer your questions or to help you, get a second opinion. 13 days is a long time, but I do know it can take awhile for blood to be reabsorbed. I just don't know HOW long.