SCREW THIS!!!! I give up clipping his nails

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

I don't clip my cats on a regular basis either. There is no real need to do so.

I clip them prior to shows, because it's a show rule to protect the judges and I'll clip if they're going to be loose riding in the car....leather seats, sharp claws and a moving car aren't a good combo.
I have to clip my poly's paws no matter what! His inner claw will grow into his pad if i dont...Both my cats use their posts frequently but their claws grow so quick and sharp that I have to do it...Especially with the poly (his inner claw already grew into his pad once)!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

I have to clip my poly's paws no matter what! His inner claw will grow into his pad if i dont...Both my cats use their posts frequently but their claws grow so quick and sharp that I have to do it...Especially with the poly (his inner claw already grew into his pad once)!
I think polydactyls are a special case, as it's quite possible that their claws will get "tangled up". I don't approve of declawing, but had a poly kitten I'd found partially declawed a few years ago because there didn't seem to be any other solution, as the extra toes precluded normal walking.