*screams* SHE'S BIRTHING

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thx thx everyone!!

I am so happy!

I'm glad she lets me be near her. She kind of acts like she wants me to be there. She lets me get close with the camera.

I was trying to peek under their tails just now to see if I could tell the gender, and I am pretty sure I have 2 girls and a boy.

The gray one and one of the cream ones both have a similar looking butt, with an opening closer to the anus, compared to the other cream one who has an opening farther down. I can't wait to start thinking up names! I love naming things!!

I took some pictures of their eedle feets, will have to upload them.

does anyone know when they will start showing their colors and patterns? The 2 cream ones look kinda like they're going to be orange tabby, but that doesn't make sense since neither parent is a tabby!! Or would they still be tabbies if a grandparent was a tabby?

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I LOVE TAKING PICTURES!!! ^_^

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at those little faces!!!
And what a pretty mommy too! I love her colours! They're all going to be so beautiful!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Desirai

does anyone know when they will start showing their colors and patterns? The 2 cream ones look kinda like they're going to be orange tabby, but that doesn't make sense since neither parent is a tabby!! Or would they still be tabbies if a grandparent was a tabby?
The underlying pattern for ALL cats is tabby, so yes, it's possible that they will have tabby stripes even if the parents don't show them. The red (orange) color is sex linked and comes from the mother.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

The underlying pattern for ALL cats is tabby, so yes, it's possible that they will have tabby stripes even if the parents don't show them. The red (orange) color is sex linked and comes from the mother.
Yup, orange is linked with the tortoishell pattern on cats- one of Meatloafs parents was probably orange

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I see. I read that orange/red cats are always male, so does that mean the 2 orange ones are males?

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh I see. I read that orange/red cats are always male, so does that mean the 2 orange ones are males?
Not always... My Rusty is female and the two strays we used to feed were orange females

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Meatloaf left the nest for the first time just now to go drink and eat.

Then she came back and immediately counted the kittens, which was sooo neat. She touched their faces with her nose one by one, then they were like yay mommy's nipples.

Blackie (the dad) went to investigate, and she even greeted him with a "Merf" sound. She let him get about a foot near them, and he sniffed and sniffed and sniffed, then the babies started squealing and he ran away. lol

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just like a man, when he hears a baby cry freezes and says "now what?" LOL

My Devon male, he went so far that he would babysit and clean bums and everything. The kittens then were just over 2 weeks old. I couldn't believe it! Monty hasn't gotten that close yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does it as well.

Those babies do look like a buff color, diluted orange. We had one like that last year, and wow, what a looker he was!

Congrats again on them, they are cuties

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*floats around* I am in love~~

this is the first time in my life I've experienced newborn kittens. (not counting when I was too little to understand, the last time I was in the presence of a newborn kitten was when my 14 year old cat was born!!)

I think in the future I will definitely volunteer to foster pregnant mothers and kittens!

There's a pregnant neighborhood stray I am trying to catch, I will foster her babies if/when I get her. We feed her every day, maybe when she has the kittens we can catch her/them. I definitely want to experience this again!!

I can see why people breed pets..*floats*

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
BABYCATS!!!

I'm so jealous...I want to live in a world where there's a cat shortage, so it would be OK to let cats breed as long as they're healthy because there'd be more than enough homes, so I could have kittens around...if anyone hears about a world like that, let me know...

Originally Posted by Catkiki

Not always... My Rusty is female and the two strays we used to feed were orange females
Ginger is a female, as was the first cat I remember, Marmalade. Both were orange tabbies.

In my experience, the males are more likely to fit the "crazy orange tabby" stereotype. (Which is usually hilarious and awesome.)

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
are hiccups normal? the babies keep getting hiccups

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise

No. There are more males than females, but not exclusively male. In order to have a red female both parents must be red.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Desirai, I am sure that hiccups are normal as every litter I've seen has them. My current babies get the hiccups occasionaly. It might be because of the way they lay down and eat. If I were to do that, I'm sure my diaphram would act the same way LOL.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a soft spot for orange tabbies, but they are all just adorable! The little kitten faces made me smile.
Can't wait to see more pictures as they get older!

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well this morning I woke up because I heard a cat screaming so I rushed to the closet to look.

That one cream one that I'm calling the Screamer is LOUD and MEAN.

He shoves the other 2 away from the nipples and if they try to come back, he pushes them away!! It's funny to watch, but he is mean!

I took a video of him "digging" which is him trying to push them away. He whines a ton for no reason except to whine. If he can't have a nipple he whines, when Meatloaf bathes him he whines, if the others are in his way he whines!

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, yup, hiccups are very normal...the litte guys always drink their weight in milk

And, it's a good chance the orangies are males, but not guarenteed. I've read that about 3/4 of orangies are males

Good luck trying to trap the stray! Hopefully you can- it would be way better for her to have them inside with humans than outside. You may be able to rent a trap from a shelter or vet around where you live- I know the shelter I live near does

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ahhh.. sweet sweet kittens.

You know I was thinking, when I got Meatloaf she had 2 brothers. one was solid gray with white feet and the other was solid orange. So I guess she did have an orange parent. that must be where these 2 came from.

Plus now that I'm looking, I can see orange stripes on her legs beneath the gray. Hmm. I wish they would have been multicolored like Loafie!!!