Scratch Pay - Stay Away

Marcellas owner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My poor Marcellas has had blockage 3 times this last year and the last time my vet recommended Scratch Pay so I used it. I wanted to do the 90 day free financing but they wanted the first payment of $500 within 2 weeks. I knew I couldn't afford it so I went for the year knowing I was going pay it off early. They told me my credit wouldn't take a hit. To my surprise my credit dropped 20 pts! That is just the beginning! I took out the loan around November 15 and December 29th I called to find out what my final payment would be and this is what is happening!

December 29th - talked with customer service they told me I would be responsible for the interest of the full year which I found very suspicious so asked to speak to a supervisor. I waited on hold for 15 minutes for a supervisor and the supervisor said that was incorrect and that if I pay it off early I would only owe the daily percentage. I told her I have already sent in my final payment so what would be my interest be to fulfill the loan. We agreed on $14 so I sent out the check for $14 that day. One check was scheduled to arrive on January 2 and the interest check was scheduled to arrive on January 4. The end of January I received a text stating my payment was due but I ignored it because I figured there system was cleared out.

February 7- called customer service they say I still owe them $950 and my next payment is due. I told them it was all paid off and I owe nothing. They said they would said it to accounting but to send to customer service the bank statement where it was paid off so I did what I was supposed to. I received an email back saying they would contact me 24 - 48 hours.

February 9 - No response either by email or phone. I replied by email ... no response. I called and I got the same run around as I did on February 7th and after 30 minutes asked for a supervisor. They said all supervisors were busy and would call me back within the hour. It is going on 2 hours and no response.

I don't trust this company and stay away from it! Don't get sucked in!!!

I want this done and over with!!!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like a total scam. Thanks for the warning.

What did your vet say when you told him?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's normal, when opening an unsecured account, for your credit score to drop a bit. They have nothing to do with that.

And sometimes companies do misfile payments and such. A certain level of mistakes are unavoidable. It all comes down to how they handle it.

So I wouldn't call them a scam yet! But their customer service does need some improvement. I hope they can get everything straightened out for you soon.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have not heard of this company but it sounds like something is not right. I hope you get it straightened out soon.

For cat or people medical bills there is a company called Care Credit. I have used it and so have a couple co-workers and it is legit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Marcellas owner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yesterday they finally called me back and said that my account is at 0 now. They didn't give me any reason why it took 6 weeks to apply my checks to my account. They said the $2.34 that was "my balance" (due to them not applying my credit) was taken care of. I still wouldn't use them their customer service is terrible.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And that can certainly be reason enough! I've dumped more than one supplier/service due to poor customer service!