Scooping water out?

wedbby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitty is 3 months and he has a habit of scooping ALL his water out from his bowl lol does anyone else have this problem?

I've never had a cat that did that before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wedbby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he doesnt do it ALL the time but he still does it atleast every other day lol im thinking maybe its because he sees the water move? I dont know lol

you would think he enjoys water because he likes to sit at the edge of the bathtub when the shower is on even if his face is getting wet plus the scooping the water out and getting all wet himself but he doesnt! lol he hates baths

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I made a thread recently to see if anyone had a solution to it. Mine are the same age and unless distracted with something else, will happily play in their water.

There's no solution - no real reason behind it, besides playing. Just make sure you kitten has other things to play with and hope he loses interest. In the meantime, put something under the bowl to catch the water.

wedbby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yea I figured! I have a towel there for now.

And he has tons of toys but of course he rather play with everything else besides his toys lol

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Thats a cat for you.
See if you can find a plastic tray or lid from a plastic storage bin. Hopefully you have the water sitting on tile or linoleum/vinyl floors.
Those will help catch it a bit better. And of course, be mindful of possible puddles (kitty booby traps..). You don't need to slip!

wedbby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well he has three different bowls all on different floors lol carpet, tile, and wood.

He's such a trouble maker! theres more where that came from lol but hes just behaving as a little boy..I'm hoping some of his habits will decrease as he gets older lol if not he's going to drive me insane one day bahaha

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The carpet and wood floors will be a problem. Water cannot be left to sit on wood floors, it will destroy the finish. You most likely have wood subfloor (plywood) under the carpet, too. That combined with the carpet and padding could mold if it gets and stays wet.
In those rooms you could also try placing the water bowls in very large underbed storage bins. They have lower sides which could be stepped over - this way your kitten could play in the water as much as he wants.

Don't worry, he'll find other ways to make you crazy when he's older! I have four adult cats, and while less trouble than kittens, they're still a handful... to make it worse I took in three feral kittens.

siren's daddy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Glad I found this thread, my 10 week old is doing the same thing except with her dry food dispenser. 3 times in 2 days; I want to pull my hair out