Scoop Away Or Precious Cat Or Something Else?

jenny ya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just bought a litter robot and am looking to switch to clay litter. I've used Precious Cat before and really liked it. I'm wondering if anyone has used both Precious Cat and Scoop Away and can tell me how they compare. Or is there another brand that's better than both? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Personally I cannot use clay litter anymore due to the dust and my allergies. The clumping litter works much better for our kitty and me, however, that is my own personal experience and preference.
Here is a thread which addresses some of your concerns:
Clumping vs. non-clumping litter

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both Precious Cat and Scoop Away are clumping litters, and I have used both. Precious Cat is probably the least dusty, but Scoop Away isn't bad either. It's just hard to find the UNSCENTED Scoop Away around here, and Chewy has the Precious Cat for a good price, delivered to your door. I hope they keep doing that now that Petsmart bought them, but we'll see. It used to be free shipping when you spend $50 or more, no matter WHAT the weight of what you have shipped.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny ya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm currently using Scoop Away and I'm not sure I like it. It's gummy and sticks to the bottom. I'm now considering Tidy Cats, Cat's Pride, Arm & Hammer, Nature's Miracle. So many and don't know what's best :( Any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm currently using Arm & Hammer FRAGRANCE FREE for multiple cats and it's pretty much dust free and makes firm clumps which are not gummy. I also use Equine Pine (like the horse version of feline pine) in most of my boxes which works on a different principle, pellets that start hard and dissolve into sawdust when wet. Never sticks to the box, deodorizes very well. I only have a couple of boxes with the clumping clay litter in it for the fussy ones.

grooverite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone know what litter is track free and easy to maintain?? I use Precious Cat and while it works I just have WAY TOO MUCH litter EVERYWHERE in my place!! Its become so annoying to clean because my cat tracks it everywhere. I'll be moving into a small studio apartment next week which is why I need to make this change soon.

aradasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Grooverite, that has been my question for a long time. Four cats, two long-hairs and I have been experimenting. I hated the clumps of litter stuck to their hair. For almost two years, I used Okocat for long-haired cats but even though it does not clump on hairy butts, it tracks all through the house to the point I was vacuuming at least every other day. I did more looking and found this. Best Cat Litter for Long-Haired Cats - Cat Litter Help I am using Dr Elsey's Cat Attract.

They all use it now, and a so far, no clumps on furry butts. I see a bit of litter come out with them as they jump out, (I use covered litter boxes so they leave a trail only in one area) and now I am off to research litter mats. There are many and I am sure they will stop a lot of litter from going far from the box.

By the way, I had four extra boxes of Okocat left and contacted Chewy's. They are giving me a fullrefund and asked me to donate to any local animal charity that needs litter. Wow! I liked Chiew's but now love them. I would like to post this in a new thread but do not know where it should go, any ideas?