Science Diet?

Megan S

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am on a very tight budget and someone gave me a coupon for a free 16lb bag of Hill's Science Diet dry food from Petsmart. Yay! I'm trying to figure out what kind I should get because my cat really doesn't have a need for any kind of special diet. I was also very disappointed to find that there is no grain-free option. A 16lb bag will last several months so I'm trying to make the right decision. My cat is a 1-2 year old medium hair. She is strictly indoors. I usually feed her Racheal Ray Zero Grain dry food. Any suggestions?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Science Diet does have a grain-free version, though it may not be covered by your coupon. I think Science Diet is overpriced for the quality but if it's free that doesn't apply! I'd just get the basic adult formula. Be sure to mix it with her current food for several days so she doesn't get an upset tummy.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am on a very tight budget and someone gave me a coupon for a free 16lb bag of Hill's Science Diet dry food from Petsmart. Yay! I'm trying to figure out what kind I should get because my cat really doesn't have a need for any kind of special diet. I was also very disappointed to find that there is no grain-free option. A 16lb bag will last several months so I'm trying to make the right decision. My cat is a 1-2 year old medium hair. She is strictly indoors. I usually feed her Racheal Ray Zero Grain dry food. Any suggestions?
Personally, I don't feel that this is a great food, and I'm not alone in that. One bag will not be a problem, though, I don't think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Megan S

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advise! I just bought a bag today and my cat and I are both not really impressed with it so far. But it was awesome to get a $45 bag of food for free! :woo: If she doesn't like it I'll just donate it to the shelter where I got her from. Thanks again.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advise! I just bought a bag today and my cat and I are both not really impressed with it so far. But it was awesome to get a $45 bag of food for free! :woo: If she doesn't like it I'll just donate it to the shelter where I got her from. Thanks again.
Agree 100% -- I would do the same and feel the same! Hope she does like it, but if not, I'm sure the shelter would be more than glad to use it. ;):winkcat: