Science Diet or Nutro

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover77

Nutro is definitely better than SD.
Though, isn't Nutro changing their formula right now?

I am not sure, but I don't remember seeing soybean oil in the ingredients before.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can comment on that.
Soybean oil has been added to help with omega 3 levals ... Nutro has always had high omega 6 but they learned that omega 3 is also important ...

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats like Nutro Natural Choice better than most of the high end foods out there. We've tried a bunch of dry foods (Wellness, Chicken Soup, etc), but keep coming back to Nutro. So I just buy what they like to eat.

My cats like Nutro a lot better than SD, so you may find that out with your cats too. Just about every time we've transitioned to Nutro my cats stopped eating whatever they were eating before and picked out the Nutro.

When my cats were younger and I just had Raven & Nabu, I fed them Nutro Max for a few years. They liked that too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

echnsneak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

My cats like Nutro a lot better than SD, so you may find that out with your cats too. Just about every time we've transitioned to Nutro my cats stopped eating whatever they were eating before and picked out the Nutro.
OMG!!!

I started mixing their food last night and i woke up this morning with SD outside the bowl and the Nutro is gone!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just switched both my dogs and cats over to Wellness. My dogs were on Nutro and my cats on SD (my cats didn't like Nutro). Within a week their coats were more luxurious and I'm finding less hairballs in spite of the late spring shedding. If you want to continue to experiment, you might want to look for this brand also. It was hard to find in my area but worth going a little out of my way to buy it.