School Reunions

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari, I went to an all girls' school too!!

Did you have the group divides? I mean like the 'popular' ones and the not so popular ones etc?

I haven't heard about my reunion yet (haven't received the 'Old Girls' News Letter' yet!

A Lot of people from my year are married (although, quite a lot had children at 16 and had to leave school-i'd like to see some of them again!) and some have 3 properties that they own....
But, despite all this, I think I would go just to people watch! Plus, I loved watching the popular girls' stab eachother in the back when they were unaware!!
I wonder if they would still do that now?? hmmm

I think you have a lot to show! You are happy, developing and taking organic steps through life - as oposed to rushing things or possibly doing a profession you didn't really want to do!

If you do go, go holding your head up high and say 'This is me!'

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to my five year and will never go to another one. First we got there late and as we walked into the bar (yes they held it at a bar) someone got thrown through the front window, then the tab got turned off. And finally a couple of my classmates decided that I didn't go to school with them and gave me a hard time all night.

Honestly to be quite frank, I'm still friends will all the people from highschool that I liked. I have no interest in seeing the rest of my classmates.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Imp

Pinkdaisy - You have acheived more than you think. Just because you are not a doctor/lawyer/CEO doesn't mean you haven't acheived things. You are in a loving relationship, care about people and animals, work hard, have a job and you are studying to do something you love. All major acheivements as far as i am concerned and mean a hell of a lot more than material attainments.
Thanks! You're right, I've done pretty well for myself!

I think everyone's right... if I had someone I wanted to go see, then I should go... sadly there's no one I want to see.

If I could go to my elementary/middle school reunion (which I doubt exist) I would, I'd love to see some people from then!

Originally Posted by Sar

Ari, I went to an all girls' school too!!

Did you have the group divides? I mean like the 'popular' ones and the not so popular ones etc?
Sarah... in my high school we started out with some different cliques... but by the end, my class only had about 40 people and we all were kind of friends. Not anyone I'd keep in touch with (I haven't) but we got along okay.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well as I'm reaching the 30 year milestone this year-EEEK!!!!!!! My class never had a 5 yr, the 10 year was a blast and so were the others. Its so funny to see the big jocks that are now balding and chubbier. And the geeks-some cleaned up pretty nicely. I do tend to mingle with my old high school buddies that I really only see every 5 yrs. But I do have a classmate and her spouse(he attended a school in another town) who come each year which are soo funny!! They have had some horrific tragedy early in their marriage which they have overcome and now live life to the fullest irrespective of what people may think. Anyhow he goes up to some of the "snobby" girls and tells them how they ignored them in school and so on and they are all trying to place him which of course he never attended our school. The reunions may be different for me as I am a twin(even though she never goes to all of them) and people always want to know whats going on. My class usually has a 2 day affair which the Friday nite we meet at some bar-is more fun that the "formal" one the next day. Since I only see these people every 5 years I am at the stage in my life that I would rather enjoy the memories with them and not worry too much about what type of person they think I've become. Good luck.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm.. as i have turned the 18 mark last year. and knowing everyone had just finished. it makes me wonder what they are going to be.
Two of my "friends" have babies already and it makes me wonder what they are like.
i left my all girl school back at the end of 2001.
and i do miss having a social life. I would love to have a reunion, Not just with my school friends but with everybody that i knew.
I lived in australia for those of you who dont know

After a year of living here i went back to australia for a holiday.
You find out who are your real friends. I did have a good holiday but i really would have cut it short if it werent for my best friend.
She came here new years last year for a week and it was fun but since then we havent had much contact.

Although i would love to know about these people, if i met them again i think it would hurt my memories about them.

byclops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went to my 10 year late last year. I'm really glad that I went, just to satisfy my idol curiosity, but that being said, from here on out I can't see myself attending any others.