Scented or Unscented??

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I didn't even know scented litter was available, so I'll say unscented - we use pretty much unscented everything
Ditto - I have never even seen any other litter available. I actually liked the mild natural clayish smell of her old litter(before she used it!!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard scented litter was bad because cats don't like it!

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emb_78

I heard scented litter was bad because cats don't like it!
That's what I thought too, but given the choice, our cats will choose scented litter. Scented anything, in fact. Except they hate the smell of citrus and thus don't really like the cleaners I use, which is fine with me as I'd prefer them to be somewhere else when I'm cleaning; they don't need the chemicals, and I don't need the "help."

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Emmett uses Special Kitty in the purple box. Its clumping, unscented, and odor absorbing. Its the best stuff and he seems to like it becasue he's always scratching in it for hours

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unscented because most scents give me a headache.

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only use all-natural litter, so it smells like whatever it's made from whether it's wheat, corn, or pine. I really like the scent of the pine litter. It reminds me of going to the hardware store w/my Dad when I was little!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by evnshawn

Scented. The one I use makes the kitties smell really good, too. Our cats seem to prefer scented anything. Don't know why. Every last one of them will choose to lay on fresh, clean laundry rather than something that's dirty OR something that's clean but has been clean so long that it's lost its scent. In fact, when I put new litter in the box (thank goodness no other time), the kittens will get in and LAY in it, just relaxing.
Wow, that's actually amazing! Most cats HATE the smell of anything like that! I use Everclean extra strength unscented.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Wow, that's actually amazing! Most cats HATE the smell of anything like that! I use Everclean extra strength unscented.
Weird, isn't it? I don't know if our oldest cat, Ace, somehow "taught" the others to like artificial scents or what. He is the WORST fresh laundry fiend in the world. He doesn't care if it's still warm or not, but if it smells like it's just come from the dryer and I leave it unattended, it's covered in cat hair within 2.3 seconds.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use wood litter , it has a slight wood smell..