Scary movie help

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

High Tension - French movie... pretty messed up
I liked that movie. It's not horror, more psychological thriller - which anymore are better than anything considered "horror" ( teeny slasher movies). Neat twist to it. I suggest people do look for a copy of this to watch, subtitled please.

Oh, slightly OTC. I work in a movie rental store. One of the things that always cracks me up is people will rent something that clearly says "foreign film, subtitled" on the front cover. Then will bring it back complaining that they don't like subs, they can't read and watch the movie at the same time.
The best one happened a few nights ago. A woman had rented Orphanage (a Guillermo del Toro movie) and was mad that it was in Spanish. I tell her "ok, I'll let you exchange it for something else".... She comes up to the front 10 minutes later asking if we have Pan's Labyrinth (anotherGuillermo del Toro movie).

Back on topic. If your rented scary movie stinks, many places should allow you a few free rentals. Customer satisfaction, after all.

Originally Posted by yam102284

Me too! I was totally freaked out at that movie. I think it was because it's something that could actually happen in real life. Those are the ones that really scare me.
Strangers is supposed to be based on a true story... Three stories to be more exact.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

The Descent was pretty good too, IMO. It was pretty scary, and made me jump or scream a few times.
Lol we have the same taste in movies. OMG The Descent was great! I loved that movie... wow talk about creepy! I felt like i coudlnt breath through out the movie because i am Claustrophobic

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Strangers is supposed to be based on a true story... Three stories to be more exact.
Yeah I heard about the one true story that it was based one. But I didn't hear about the other two. I heard that the director (I think) was at home one night, and someone knocked on the door asking for someone that didn't live there. Later on that night or the next morning, they found out that some of the people in their neighborhood had been robbed when they weren't home. I think I read that on The Strangers website when the movie came out, but I'm not positive. Does any one know what other events it was based on?

Originally Posted by silvionc

Lol we have the same taste in movies. OMG The Descent was great! I loved that movie... wow talk about creepy! I felt like i coudlnt breath through out the movie because i am Claustrophobic
Haha I was just thinking the same thing. I felt the same was about The Descent. Being claustrophobic and afraid of the dark isn't a good think to be when watching that movie. The one part where it was completely pitch black and she had the camera; omg, that made me scream out loud, and I rarely ever do that at a movie.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Does any one know what other events it was based on?
Of course, or else I wouldn't have mentioned it being based on other stories. Obviously the Manson murders, supposedly the cabin 28 killings, and maybe some murders that happened in the Czech Republic - there was another film about those alone though there's speculation whether they happened or not. A lot of the rest is just pulled for a lot of murders that have happened.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most freaky, chilling, unexpected movie I ever watched was 'Audition'. A Japanese film directed by Takashi Miike that is truly hair raising! If you are looking for a horror film challenge, look no further........

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

The most freaky, chilling, unexpected movie I ever watched was 'Audition'. A Japanese film directed by Takashi Miike that is truly hair raising! If you are looking for a horror film challenge, look no further........
Odishon is one of his somewhat tamer movies in that genre. Ultra violence and, as I said earlier, pushing the limits is something he usually does. Try Bijita Q (Visitor Q) if you dare - it will mentally traumatize you in ways no movie should.

Another one of his that may sound familiar to some is Chakushin ari (One Missed Call). Then there's his Yakuza movies that most could handle, though they're violent.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by klaidman

I need help looking for a really scary movie. I am looking for the kind of movie that will have you screaming for mommy, reaching for your teddy, afraid to turn out the light, sleep with one eye open. what would you reccomend?
HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The remake. OMG I can't watch that with the lights off.