Scared... need help!!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is it going with the little one alive?  And mom?

Oh, I see they had come... after some precontractions.  Sorry about your losses.  I think this what was worrying me; her laying around in two days before these precontractions.  I guess something happened there. A virus perhaps.  Can we people catch on viruses, so can surely cats too.

Yet, you couldnt do anything. With a woman you can always try and deliver them earlier.  But you cant do so with kittens, they manage very poorly premature birth. Delivered four days too early they wouldnt probably make it anyway.

The pic is not very clear.  What are the other two cats?   The cat in the corner id visible, and looks like it could be a russian blue?

Good luck!

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Fight on for the little one.  Make sure you do your outmost, its margins are probably thinner than with many other kittens.

Do you have a kitchen or mail scale, measuring in grammes, to weigh it on?  Weigh every day, this is often the only good way to know the development, for example, if they get enough nourishment from mom, or if you must step in and give extras...

Keep reporting!

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaykay07132011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The little one... (I think we have decided on Faith) is doing wonderfully and mommy has attached herself to her just as she should : ) she cries everytime mommy gets up... as for the picture are you speaking of the one I posted of the three adults I'm not entirely sure exactly what kind they are the lady I got them from wasn't sure... but the two gray ones are sisters: ) the new baby also is gray (for now we all know that could easily change)

kaykay07132011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did at one time have kitchen scale but no idea whatsoever where it when... so i will be investing in one

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with StefanZ, the most likely cause of stillborns was her long labor without delivering.

Vibes for the sole survivor

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh hun, I'm so sorry that happened! How terrible it must have been :( Faith is a perfect name for your baby! Hang in their. I lost service for a little bit, but I have two laboring queens tonight and my web is back on. Ill let you know how it went. Happy for your baby, you'll love it all the more now

kaykay07132011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh hun, I'm so sorry that happened! How terrible it must have been
Faith is a perfect name for your baby! Hang in their. I lost service for a little bit, but I have two laboring queens tonight and my web is back on. Ill let you know how it went. Happy for your baby, you'll love it all the more now<3
Unfortunately we lost Faith 2 nights ago and I haven't been on to update. Mommy laid on her and smothered her in the middle of the night while we were all asleep.... I keep telling myself that she didn't mean to but in reality I know that there was most likely something wrong with baby that mommy knew and the rest of us didn't :( I will be getting Nyx fixed however. I thought about letting her try to have one more litter because all this made me think how much I really want babies... but due to how hard labor and delivery was for her Im not sure that that is a good idea. Thank you everybody for all your thoughts and prayers and good vibes, sometimes things are just out of our control :( I will definately be using this site more often however. Savethemoms, please do let me know how things go with your Queens. I hope that all goes well.

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had 11 kittens all together :) One died from being premie, and another one is on its way out :( poor little lambs! Both were all white. But as of now the other 9 are ok and gaining properly. I'm sorry for the loss hun!! ((Hugs))

adelejackson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww Kay I'm so sorry the little ones didn't make it :-(  I just read the entire thread and started to get choked.

Loads of hugs sweetheart.

Adele 

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about the babies. But I do agree it is best to have her spayed. Please don't let her have another litter- there are so many kittens already in this world and with your mama kitty having such a long labor- you could lose her next time and not just the babies.

If you want babies in your house, look into fostering a pregnant or nursing mama from a local shelter or rescue. They are always in need.

<3

kaykay07132011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about the babies. But I do agree it is best to have her spayed. Please don't let her have another litter- there are so many kittens already in this world and with your mama kitty having such a long labor- you could lose her next time and not just the babies.

If you want babies in your house, look into fostering a pregnant or nursing mama from a local shelter or rescue. They are always in need.

<3
Thank you everybody! and clynn11 I had originally planned on getting her fixed anyway but she escaped and got pregnant before i was able :( but she is healthy and happy now... I am keeping her inside until i feel she is heeled and recovered enough and I will take her to spay her.

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes it is the begining my cat had her baby (yes only one already called the vet told me to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't start acting strange) and her delivery begane the same way and yes we got scared but then at about midnight on the 27th she let out a horrific meow and had her baby. She woke us up out of our sleep. I told my bf there is an orange thing crawling around then once my eyes cleared I shook my bf awake and said Tabby just had a baby. So yes it is the begining and we didn't know she was pregnant.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sorry your mama cat lost her babies. It is the right thing to do to have her spayed when the vet feels it can be done. If you wish, you may post a tribute to these little lost ones in The Rainbow Bridge Forum. I am going to lock this thread now.

Last edited: