scared mum here. is my fur baby sick?

tweety91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
usually my beautiful 6 month old baby is a hyperactive monster. shes such a character. but the last few hours she hasnt been herself. shes just exhaused and is sometimes holding her head on a slight angle and barely opening one eye. ive never seen her like this and shes my world so im so worried. shes fleaed and wormed regularly. Theres been no changes in her diet and she always has fresh water. ideas please. The vet clinic is closed but il ring the emergency vet if needed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tweety91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it seems to be her eye. ive wiped it with a damp tea bag. but shes still strange and twitching her head on the angle.

quiet

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You should take her to the vet ASAP.

Don't use the tea bags on the eyes because cats are very different than other animals and people and cats lack certain enzymes in their liver that prevent them from filtering out certain things such as essential oils certain herbs etc. Also prevents them from being able to take aspirin or any of the over the counter pain medications.

I would really get her to the vet now.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you have not taken her to the vet yet, please check for hydration asap. If she is dehydrated you will want to act on this fast, unless she is on her way to the vet.

Pinch her neck skin where she would be scruffed or flea meds placed.

Watch the pinch when you let go, it should go right back down, if it slowly goes down or stayed a bit pinched looking, she is dehydrated and in danger.

Use a needleless syringe if you have one or an eye dropper and get some fresh water into her cheek area, slowly so she doesn't choke but swallows it.

Let us know.

tweety91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Deffinitly not dehydrated.
shes completely herself today.
i wiped her eye with a damp teabag last night and she was fine like an hour later.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great.

Just the first thing you should always check when kitty is not him/herself, first.

Cats get dehydrated very, very fast. 

You really might want to get some eye ointment to get her eyes cleared up and healthy.

Good luck!

tweety91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i know for a fact that she wasnt dehydrated. thanks for inforcing that idea.
And her eye wasnt gunky or weepy. it was just an observation.
i have studied vet nursing so am aware of the usual stuff. i just thought there may of been some better ideas.
i have called my local vet and he said if she is fine now then i was just being paranoid. he gave me some ideas just incase for next time.
no more advice needed thank you.