Scared Kittens!

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,our neighborhood momma cat,who we have tried everything in the book to get spayed had 4 kittens 5 weeks ago. She had them in our backyard and everything was fine, and we of course got attached to the babies. Two weeks ago I came home and checked on them and she had moved them. We looked everywhere. One of our neighbors told me today that he saw them in his yard,they were coming through a hole in the fence. We are relieved they are ok,but she has them behind his fence and the house back there is really gross and they have big dogs. So we want to try and get them to trust us and bring them back to this side and find them homes. Plus keep one. (Really pretty calico)My daughter fell in love when they were born and watched them grow, for a while. ...We have befriended quite a few cats here,but are wanting to possibly speed up the process so we can get them out from behind the fence. Any ideas? ? Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh...ok what will that do? I'm confused, did I post this in the wrong spot or something?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not ask the neighbor if you can come get them? Put them in a dog crate and bring them into your house. I understand that mamma will try to take your head off. Maybe get the kittens when she's away, move them to your yard. When she goes into the crate to feed them or possibly get one to move, shut the door.

rescue53

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kittens and big dogs?! And 6 wks old? I agree. Talk to the neighbor.put up the dogs and find the kittens. Outdoors mom will move kittens every so often but at that age usually not far from the food source. Feed on your side of the fence and get yourself a couple humane traps. The kittens may or may not be too old to use for bait but if you get the kittens first you may be able to put them in a carrier right behind the trap and mom will go in the trap to get to them.

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why not ask the neighbor if you can come get them? Put them in a dog crate and bring them into your house. I understand that mamma will try to take your head off. Maybe get the kittens when she's away, move them to your yard. When she goes into the crate to feed them or possibly get one to move, shut the door.
These people are druggies,they don't let anyone in the yard except thier buyers or the police! So I just need a way to lure the kittens away from there! They are so skittish and they don't seem interested in cat food yet. Might have to just pray and wait another week. ...

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kittens and big dogs?! And 6 wks old? I agree. Talk to the neighbor.put up the dogs and find the kittens. Outdoors mom will move kittens every so often but at that age usually not far from the food source. Feed on your side of the fence and get yourself a couple humane traps. The kittens may or may not be too old to use for bait but if you get the kittens first you may be able to put them in a carrier right behind the trap and mom will go in the trap to get to them.
Our neighbors does feed the momma and a few others (the good neighbor )but babies don't seem interested in cat food yet. Too dangerous to try and go around to the house,they sell drugs...

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
A coworker's daughter planted some catnip outside. She had a bunch of cats come over