Scabs on back of head/neck

ange73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I have asked a few questions on this site and I welcome any advice. What it is is that my cat Frankie, who is a gorgeous little black cat of 2 years old and i have had to take her to the vet to get treated for ear mites. Well,they have been treated and she is all better and before taking her the vet, I treated her for flea also. The vet said she didn't have any fleas (but still sold me some flea treatment for in a couple of months time). Well,before all this, I had found a scab on the back of her head/neck. It wasn't very big but big enough and when I took Frankie to the vet, and there was a little bit of the scab left,  I asked the vet about it. She picked it off and didn't really say anything about it. Well now I have found another one. It;s not in the exact same place but is on the back of her head/neck. Do you think that they are being caused by her going underneath fences as she goes underneath the garden fence when she goes out to save her from jumping over it and I have seen her going underneath other fences. I am just getting a little worried now as this is the third one I have found on her in roughly the same area. To me it is too big to be fleas, plus the vet said she didn't have any and that was only just over a week ago. what do I do? When I took her to the vet the other week, it cost me £52 for everything as it is £26 just for a consultation alone? She doesn't seem bothered by these scabs, I am! I just want to know why she is getting them and am I fretting too much? She is my very first cat and I love her so so much. She is my little girl and is spoilt rotten. lol. Thanks for any advice,it is greatly received. Thanks in advance.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well...it's very possible they are caused from her rubbing against that fence, but there is really no way to be sure.  Sounds very plausible though.