Scab on paw pad

shamblesandcleo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I've noticed my 6 yr old. cat is often sitting with her left front paw in the air. She's not limping but favoring it. The rest of her behavior is fine...still playful the odd time (her usual amount). She still lays on her back frequently. She is not the cuddliest cat so it is hard for me to get near it. When I did get to check it out (after the 8th attempt) I noticed that one of her paw pads has a dark scab near the back of it. Is this something I should be worried about? Are there any home remedies to help heal a scab quickly?? I don't think it's a "vet needed" thing but are there any warning signs I should look out for??

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like a wound of some sort but regardless, if he is holding his paw in the air then he is in pain, or at least is when he is using it and he needs and deserves a vet visit.  If you're right foot hurt and you were balancing on your left you would see a doctor right? :)

Stephen

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would watch for any sign of infection or reopening of the wound. How long has it been since you noticed this? Paw wounds can be tricky. There's not a whole lot you can do at home, so I would be prepared to take him to a vet.